Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2014, 10:25 PM   #1

Questions about 2000 HR Endeavor

Still looking for my 1st coach. Found what appears to be a nice well maintained 2000 34' HR Endeavor with 300hp Cat on Freightliner. Have a few newb questions.

1. Will the shorter wheel base on a 34' be a decent ride?

2. This model has the TV above the driver. Does that bother those of you with this setup?

3. Generator is a 6.5 LP. Is having a LP generator a disadvantage?
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2014, 10:29 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
1. Wheelbase is somewhat of a ride factor, but other suspension attributes more so. What chassis is it on?

2. While not optimal, it's workable and most all older coaches are this way.

3. Previous coach had a propane genny, worked fine.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
1. Wheelbase is somewhat of a ride factor, but other suspension attributes more so. What chassis is it on?

2. While not optimal, it's workable and most all older coaches are this way.

3. Previous coach had a propane genny, worked fine.
Freightliner
Old 05-15-2014, 07:21 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Yes the ride will suffer, how much ????. I have . the TV over the driver and Don' notice it, although I have graded out for a flat screen. The propane Gen is a downer if you plan on boondocking much or anything running the gen often or for a long period of time. You will be going for propane.

LEN
Old 05-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLYLEN View Post
Yes the ride will suffer, how much ????. I have . the TV over the driver and Don' notice it, although I have graded out for a flat screen. The propane Gen is a downer if you plan on boondocking much or anything running the gen often or for a long period of time. You will be going for propane.

LEN
Any idea how long the gennie can run a full tank of LP? Not sure if they all came with same size tank but if we based it on the smaller tank.

On the chassis is it the length of the chassis or the overhang in rear that affects ride quality? It would seem that the shorter length would have less overhang as long as the chassis was not also short.

Tv over driver just seems a little strange. I have not seen this in person yet so might be a non issue. It would seem however not the optimal viewing angle for a coach with a couch on the drivers side wall. Why would they design it this way given a choice? Was the design engineer sick that day?
Old 05-15-2014, 09:55 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When we had the propane genny, it would run for well over 24 hours continuously on a tank of fuel (would do this for ham radio operating events). For dry camping typical usage of 3-4 hours a day to charge batteries and run the microwave, etc. we would handily dry camp for a week at a time.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:05 PM   #7

Thanks guys. I'm not familiar with the tanks but are they similar to what you use for an outdoor grill or heater? If so I'm guessing carrying a few bottles should accommodate most outings and be easy enough.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:02 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
Thanks guys. I'm not familiar with the tanks but are they similar to what you use for an outdoor grill or heater? If so I'm guessing carrying a few bottles should accommodate most outings and be easy enough.
No. The motorhome will have a large permanently mounted tank for propane. Likely will hold 20-25 gallons.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
No. The motorhome will have a large permanently mounted tank for propane. Likely will hold 20-25 gallons.
Owner mentioned it was 34 gallon.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:01 AM   #10

Never really considered the propane gennie since all the models I have been looking had diesel. Now I'm a bit troubled. I get in my coach on a hot day and run the roof AC's on the gennie and after a couple days of driving I'm looking for a propane fill station .
Old 05-16-2014, 09:46 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
If it is a 34gallon you fill to 80 percent so you have 26-27 gallons. At guessing here 1/2 to 3/4 gallon an hour 3-4 days before looking for propane. With my diesel I can run a 100 hours and still go 200-300 miles looking for fuel with a good reserve left. The overhang will be the same on a shorter coach, you can not change the radiator to rear wheel distance so you end up with a shorter wheel base, but in normal operation this should not be a problem.

LEN
Old 05-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #12

Are stations to get propane plentiful? I would not be to worried if it was as easy as filling the propane when I stopped for diesel although even then a little bit of a hassle.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
Tv over driver just seems a little strange. I have not seen this in person yet so might be a non issue. It would seem however not the optimal viewing angle for a coach with a couch on the drivers side wall. Why would they design it this way given a choice? Was the design engineer sick that day?
TV over the driver is viewable from the sofa in the slide when the slide is open. It's all a compromise. If it were in the center, it might be more of a head banger.

I replaced my old clunker TV with a flat screen in that same "over the driver" location, but used a mount that allows it to swing over to the center of the coach when we're parked.

Fred
Old 05-16-2014, 11:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Cooper View Post
TV over the driver is viewable from the sofa in the slide when the slide is open. It's all a compromise. If it were in the center, it might be more of a head banger.

I replaced my old clunker TV with a flat screen in that same "over the driver" location, but used a mount that allows it to swing over to the center of the coach when we're parked.

Fred
Fred

What size HR do you have? Is your generator LP or diesel? Thanks for the info on the TV location. I think I have gotten past the TV location but not sure I like the idea of the LP generator.