The rig is currently parked in the lot of the shop, driveshaft still out, and ~25 miles from home. Based on the amount of coolant I lost moving it ~1500 ft, I don't know how I could get it moved without risking the engine and transmission getting hot. I could look to see what other shops in the area since this is kind of a hub for truck repairs.
I am not a complete novice at this type of repair and if I had a decent place at the house I'd consider trying the repair. My driveway is on a hill with limited access to attempt this. I do know a mechanic with his own shop and haven't discussed him working on it. He'd done some work on my Class C in the past in the past but has commented he doesn't want to work on a diesel, although he had worked on heavy equipment in the past. Money talks though.
I'll wait and see what they say on Monday and go from there.
2002 Monaco Windsor 38 PKD
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/5.7 Hemi