Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #1

I am looking for tips on what to do to prevent water from entering through the vent behind the refrigerator and soaking my interior under the stove,sink,cabinets,etc... We noticed stains from water on the wood under the fridge and all other kitchen cabinets. This is on a Dolphin Class A 38' 2005 model. HELP!!!!

bekay67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
a k
Newmar Owners Club
You sure the defrost tube is in its tray? Check the silicone seal around the frame. I can't see how that much water would get in unless it's blowing in.

a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
Open the outside cover and check the caulking around the bottom of the compartment.Like a k said, be sure the drain tube drains outside.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My '90 HR did that. Water coming down from the roof, on the sidewall ran right into the compartment. I found some aluminum vent covers similar to the one over your door, and got one of the correct size, used 3M double faced tape and if solved the problem like an awning over a door.
johnsonjm209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #5
Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Correction, that was my 2000 HR
johnsonjm209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #6
I installed a sun roof deflector shield that was built for a Audi car. It was wide enough to cover the frig vent and was made out of dark grey plastic. You might find one at a Discount Auto store. No more water in behind the frig.
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #7
Fleetwood Owners Club
Maybe the outside cover is on upside down?
That would let rain in.

Triker56 is online now   Reply With Quote