Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
That looks great! I'd like to do that to our Bounder while it is still relatively new and before we have any problems. You have to wonder why the RV manufacturers aren't proactively adding something like Eternabond themselves...it seems like a logical solution.
They do, but only on the tops of slides. It is too expensive to do all of the roof seams for a manufacture. The cost to do my 38 ft was just over $100. Less than having the roof seams caulked one time by a dealer.

It is easy to apply, just clean the existing caulking and 2 inches on both side with lacquer thinner and apply the Eternabond doing about 3 feet at a time. Took about an hour to do the entire roof. I also did all of the roof vent seams with 2 inch strips.

I have a new MH on order and the roof will be done with Eternabond as soon as I get it home.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary276 View Post
Has any one had experience with EDPM roof replacement vs the liquid rubber roof? I have a few small leaks and have received quotes from several places/individuals of $3000 to $6000. I have used the Eternabond tape but it has come off in a few areas. I can buy the roof "kit" for anywhere from $400 to $900 and it includes the roll of EPDM and all needed glue, tape, etc. The question: is the "liquid" roof that goes on like paint a viable alternative to EPDM replacement.

Not trying to get off cheap just want to know if I am considering the expense of an entire new roof "overkill".
I don't know anything about that, sorry. I have wondered how the roof coatings work... like this place in Florida claims "20 Year No-Leak Guarantee." RV Roof Sprayed Sealant
Old 12-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #17

Ugh - preventative maintenance vs if it is not broke don't fix it.

Ever see the kids working in the bays?
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittythebea View Post
I have e-mailed the CEO of Camping World - the service manager has come to my RV to redo work that was done improperly- check valves installed backwards, incorrect jacks worked on, toilet seal put in upside down (it even said which side to put up), but they still have not done what we needed them to do, nor have they gone on the roof to check for leaks. I am to the point of hiring an attorney to get my money back and get money for a correct and full repair plus for all the time in hotels and time taken off from work to deal with this company.

Note- I had a new slide topper put on the slide that had water come in 2 days before I left on this trip. Camping World put it on for free - it seems as if their touch is the kiss of death.
Just in case you happen to run across an unscrupulous lawyer that would take your money from you. I am going to tell you what an honest lawyer will tell you. You have zero chance of winning any money from camping world in a lawsuit with what you have written here. In order to prevail in a lawsuit you have to prove that the work camping world did was the reason for water leaks. Do you have any proof other than your word that the coach was not leaking before they worked on it. ( I am not saying you are not telling the truth, I am just saying can you prove it) From what you have said you still do not know where the leak is so how are you going to prove it was caused by something installed by camping world. How long has it been since the work was performed. Can you prove that it was not something else that made the leak. Possibly hitting a limb. Hailstorm etc. Those are the kinds of things you are facing in a lawsuit. I won a small claims court action against a shop that rebuilt a carburetor once. The car did not run right when I went to get it and they refused to fix it, said it was an electrical component causing it. I had them note the mileage and the time I picked it up on the receipt when I picked it up. Drove the vehicle straight to another garage and had them note the mileage, time and date when I got there. The second garage found a problem in the carburetor and had to rebuild it again. I sued the original garage for the repair bill and won because I could show it was the same problem that the original garage was paid to fix and I had not driven the car around until I took it somewhere else to be fixed.

Good luck with what you plan but I think that your first step I to take the advice you have been given and go to someone with the pressure test system and find out where the leak is. If they show the leak is where the new awning topper was put on then you can go back to camping world and make them fix it. If that does not work and you have sufficient documentation then go to small claims court will be a lot cheaper than a lawyer.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Has anybody ever had a good experience at Camping World when they had their coach work on there????? I keep seeing a lot of CW this and that and none of it good.
Just askin'
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post
Has anybody ever had a good experience at Camping World when they had their coach work on there????? I keep seeing a lot of CW this and that and none of it good.
Just askin'
I have had several things worked on there and am very happy with the results. When I first bought a used coach from them I had very bad repairs. I complained with headquarters customer service, they had just hired a new GM at that location and he called me back. I told him what was wrong and he had me come back and fixed it correctly plus changed all the fluids in the coach to make up for my making anadditional trip. They have fixed several things under warranty for me and have treated me very well. When my satellite dish went out they let me upgrade and only charged me the difference between the model I had and the upgrade price. I was staying at the store in my camper once getting some things done. When I got ready to leave I turned on the fresh water pump and it would not stay on. ( the pump was not anything in the area they had worked on.) They had a tech come out and he found the controller was bad. They did not have one in stock. He noticed that it had gotten wet so he took it into the shop and used a hair dryer on it. That got it working and they did not charge me for fixing it.

Bottom line is I am happy with the job that camping world in Little Rock Arkansas has done for me.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #21

The only real way to know that it has been done right is do it yourself. If most of the leaks are around the slides and have you ever replaced the slide toppers? Mine were 10 years old on my Fleetwood and they stitched them with cotton thread and came apart in the middle against the coach wall. So with the slide out it is like a funnel for all the water that hits the slide topper and shoots all the water right against the seal in the middle. Replaced my toppers and have NO leaks.
GregOk80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, roof, seal