Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2018, 05:45 PM   #71

National RV Owners Club
TST is 10+ in my book

I have the TST system which is bullet proof. AND if you want to talk to customer support they are extremely responsive and helpful. They even reply to e-mails on weekends including Sunday. They are 10+
rvnomads1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2018, 05:55 PM   #72

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
TPMS Rating

I have the TST 507 system 6 sensors on coach and 4 on toad. 3rd year and I just changed the sensor battery’s and added the color monitor. System works well, easy to maintain and no repeater on my rig(36 ft). Saved us a year ago with a bad tire valve. Roughly 15K miles on the TST507.
WayneGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 06:52 PM   #73

Gulf Streamers Club
I now have the TST 507 after dumping the Pressure Pro seven or eight years ago. I found the expense of replacing the sensors on the PP at $35 each was no bargain. I have replaced the TST batteries on the coach once in that time, I do remove them in the off season. I replace the car batteries on average 18 to 24 months. I do have a monitor in the coach and a separate one in the toad. I just replaced the toad sensors this spring as they started eating batteries having to change them every 3-4 months. I found that not acceptable. I have had no instances where the system has not responded immediately to any air loss detected and would highly recommend the system. I am thinking of upgrading to the color monitor next season for the coach and maybe the toad as I will be replacing it by next spring when i retire. I do have both monitors wired to constant power so I never have to wait for an awakening. In the off season I unplug the coach monitor when I remove the sensors. I also install new o-rings when I replace the batteries and coat the o-rings with silicone grease to preserve the rubber. The original O-Rings are torn when you remove the case to change the batteries, the greased o-rings do not tear and could probably be reused but I change them anyway. Company is great to deal with and no problems getting someone to answer the E-Mails or phone calls.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:54 PM   #74

Forest River Owners Club
I got a TST system in 2009. I had 11 failed sensors in 8 months plus two flats on the toad from loose sensors. Customer support was fantastic, but I totally lost confidence in the system. After about 9 months without any system, I got a Tire Traker system at an RV rally. It has been great, and customer service excellent. I have replaced one failed sensor in 8 years. BOTH systems require a booster in my 40' rear closet motorhome. I put the booster in the rear bedroom and it works great.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 06:56 PM   #75

I put in a TPMS when I started RVing alone after my husband died. It's been helpful at times but also somewhat of a pita. The sensors don't always give me an accurate reading (I always have my pressures checked at a reputable tire place before each trip and the TPMS will often read differently). I've done everything the instructions describe but I'm not always trusting of the sensors. Still, I continue to keep the monitoring system since some of the readings are accurate.
bunny2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:13 PM   #76

TPMS

Eez tpms for me, only one i ever had. One year and happy with it. 10 wheels and no repeater short caps not the flow thru. I chose it because i liked the display.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #77

Thor Owners Club
Eez. Installed on F350 dually and Montana 3721RL. Work fine. Have measured the indicated reading against my manual tire gauge and they match. The display is easy to use and see. Am seriously considering getting the pass through sending units so they do not have to be taken off to add air. Did have to purchase stem extenders for the dually inside tires so I could get clearance for the sending unit. Bought through Amazon.
Harshy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:29 PM   #78

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
I have the TireSafe Guard 6 on a 37’ MH 4 on the towed. No repeater needed. I have been using for a couple of yrs now had two false low pressure alarms during that time but they stopped right away buppy road maybe not sure. I like that the monitor is programmable to match my tire gauge.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:34 PM   #79

Tiffin Owners Club
TT-500 (Tire Traker) Just took the sensors off. Terrible. I started with sensors for toad as well, but never could get a reading. Of course they wanted me to buy a signal extender. no thanks. I returned those, but within a few months, one of the sensors was bad. I should have returned the whole system, but kept it on for a year. Finally/recently removed all the sensors and will just be diligent. I think I wasted my $$$$.
COLPeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:55 PM   #80

Tire Minder

Like a number of other folks here, I've had a series of problems with the CW Tire Minder; in fact, it has never "just worked" for me over the two-plus years I've had it, and based on the reviews I've seen here, I'm going to dump it (yep, around $300 down the drain) and replace it with the EEZ (didn't see anything but good reviews for it in the first five or so pages in this thread.)

I always get a good lock on all six tires - until I run at speed. Then, once or twice an hour, I lose one or more transmitters - and they'll stay "lost" for minutes to hours. I've relocated the booster per their advice ("mount it where it can see all the tires") - this has not helped at all. With brand-new, totally fresh batteries, I can be sure of a good signal to all six... for maybe an hour or two. Then, the same game starts again.

Given that these alarms are supposed to be an indicator of a SERIOUS PROBLEM TO BE HANDLED RIGHT NOW, I'm anything but a happy camper with regard to this expensive and far worse than useless, stress-inducing piece of junk.
oceansailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:00 PM   #81

We have the TST-507 system on a 2018 Winn View (Mercedes Sprinter 'C' platform). That 1st drive home from the Winn dealer was an ANNOYING beep, beep,beep ALL the way; but after we got home, we were able to reset the high and low alerts. I have found the guage to be very accurate, and I like that I can disconnect from the charge cord with battery power on and take the monitor to the tire at the filling station. We asked for extensions for our inside dualies and wouldn't you know, both extensions completely leaked at different times, so the TST was right on top of that!
RK2zRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:01 PM   #82

I have the EEZ tire pressure monitor system and I have had no problems with it, I have a 42ft Monaco with 8 tires and I pull a car with sensors on it to and I dont need a booster or repeater either. The only problem I've in three years is I had to replace the batteries in two of the sensors. I just carry a pack of them and if one needs replacing I just unscrew the sensor and pop the battery out and put a new one in. The nice thing about it is if you have a sensor with a weak battery the monitor will give you a faint beep every few minutes and it will show you which one is weak.
Wildbuckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM   #83

I had a Tire Minder installed by the dealer when Wepurchased our new 2016 Dutchstar. Nothing but false alarms. Turned it off when we got to Alaska last year and totally removed when we got back. Save your money. Go with another brand!
Johngflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:26 PM   #84

Tire Traker tt-400C

Unlike COLPeg, I have the tire traker TT-400c. I have used it since 2015 on my rig. I have had absolutely no problems. I have called customer service once as I pushed too many buttons and got it into Kg in place of lbs. They were very helpful.

Yes, it looks like everyone has a different one they are in love with. That is all that matters. You need to know your tire conditions at all times.

Tom DW Dee
2001 Ram 5.9
750hp 975 lbs of torque
2015 Highland Ridge "Open Range" 282RKS
OleTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure, tpms