RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2018, 01:07 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rating your TPMS: Tire pressure monitoring system

Hello all! In the upcomimg September MotorHome magazine, they explain ten TPMS systems. I would like to ask you all about your use of a tire pressure monitoring system. This article is very good but I always try to get real honest reviews. Where did you purchase it and how diificult is it to setup and maintain? Did you install on your toad tires too? Is a signal booster necessary?
Thanks in advance!
BruceNeu

BruceNeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2018, 01:53 PM   #2

I'll be the first to respond - but probably not very helpful.
I have the EEZ TPMS. I never had another brand so I can't compare to any other brands.

It works as expected.
You install the monitors on each tire valve stem and set the high and low pressure limits for the tires. As you drive, the monitor cycles between each tire showing its pressure (and maybe temperature. I forget now) for a second or two. If any tire has a pressure out of range the unit will sound an alarm and flash that tire location (the display is like a birds eye view of coach with all tires drawn in position on the outline of a coach body).

My unit was purchased and installed by previous owner. He had a Toad (I do not), and he said it works fine with the Toad and he added the repeater in the rear closet. He said it was probably not needed but he bought/added it anyways. With the Toad the display will show the coach and the Toad silhouette. Since I don't have a Toad I "turn off" the display for the Toad and only see the coach tires on the display.

The techno geek in me would have liked a color display showing all the tire pressures at the same time - but I don't know if that would really be practical as it would be hard to read the numbers if they had to be shrunk down to all fit on the display at the same time.

I have no complaints.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:57 PM   #3

I have the TST system that I use on the trailers that I tow. I have the EZ tire system in my Class A. Both systems are pretty straight forward to set up. Hold a button on display, bring sensor near it, and it will recognize it.

They both have saved my but a couple of times. I just put brand new tires on my Class a week before a big trip. The system told me I had a flat in my inside dual the next day. Bad new valve stem. A week later it told me a front was low. The flow threw air cap on valve stem was bad. Another new part.

Really just a bunch of bad luck but both items were fixed and been good now for a couple thousand miles.

It's obviously really difficult to see tires on whatever you are towing. The TST seems to have a little better range so I use it on trailer. It has gone off a couple of times for slow leaks. Both times I pulled over, plugged tire, and continued on to a safer spot to determine best options.
JEEPKEVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:00 PM   #4

We have been using PressurePro for 12 years now. The programming is select a wheel location and then install the sensor on that wheel. No need to set highs and lows.

We don't worry about batteries running our or cutting the O-ring seal when changing the battery. After 87.5 years, we just replaced the sensor, at a discounted price, getting new batteries and the latest electronics.

I can hardware the monitor so I don't have to worry about forgetting to charge it.

The very visible LEDs give the location of a problem wheel with instant positioning.

Not the lowest cost system, but good is never cheap.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:13 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I have a TST 507 system I've been using for four years. It's very easy to set up, I have transmitters on my Jeep, and I do use a booster. The new color monitor system comes with a booster.
'12 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport and/or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:19 PM   #6

I have the EEZ TPMS system. Its easy to setup and use. I keep extra batteries in my coach just in case of replacement is needed. MY unit has saved me from driving with a low or empty tire 3 tires. I would not drive without one.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:29 PM   #7

I have the InnoTechRV TPMS. Bought from manufacturer and it is on my toad too. It is easy to setup. I have a booster but have not installed it yet. To be honest, it has been nothing but a pain. We have had it for less than a year and about 9k miles. We have not gone on one trip were it didn't lose connection with multiple sensors which includes ones on the MH. I have also had multiple black screw on caps for each sensor crack or get a hole in them. I also had two sensors go bad. The company has been good to deal with and have sent replacements when I requested them but for owning less than a year, this is unacceptable.

I am working with them right now as our last trip we lost connection with all the sensors but the two front MH ones. That happened with new batteries that I changed just before we left.

I went with this system as it was cheaper. I guess you get what you pay for.
funmoneypit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:34 PM   #8

EEZ

I purchased six of the EEZ sensors and display directly from the vendor - cheaper than going thru Amazon. Good telephone help, and setup was easy. Works flawlessly; never had a problem losing signals. I had to set new limits after making a few trips and learning how much pressure increase is normal due to tire heating, but it's easy to change and I like the flexibility. Highly recommend!
Old 08-15-2018, 04:01 PM   #9

I have the TST color system with 10 sensors (6 for the MH and 4 for the toad). As mentioned the TST comes with a repeater included. I've had it about 6 months and it has never failed to read all 10 sensors. Accuracy seems to be +/- 1 psi of my tire gauge.
PbdBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:15 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Tire-SafeGuard for me. I bought it about 8 years ago because it was the only system I found (at that time) with flow thru sensors and no repeater required. I have 6 flow thru sensors on the MH and 4 cap sensors on the Toad. Tech support is truly 24/7.

UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:17 PM   #11

tst ,, works well..
Maddog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:28 PM   #12

Anybody have the Tireminder system popular at Camping World? Reviews?
iluvuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:33 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I had the TST system previously. The system worked fine but when I sold the toad I could not get two of the sensors off of the valve stem, bent the little tool on them (anti-theft type). I butchered a third off of the then spare by tearing it to pieces with pliers. Let the rest go when I traded the MH.
Would recommend anti-seize compound before putting them on. None had user replaceable batteries and needed to be sent back which is a hassle if you live outside the US (Canadian Customs/Duty when they come back). I do understand that they have user replaceable batteries now.

This week have ordered the EEZ system based on price for 12 sensors (8 flow through for MH and 4 non-flow through for toad) . Did not get the repeater so will update once I get them installed.

Chris
cvbdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:44 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
TST 507 flow through. I've been using TST since they first came on the market and they work fine. I recently purchased the color monitor and it is much easier to read.

TST is a sponsor on this forum.

2015 Ford Explorer Blue Ox tow bar, AF1
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure, tpms