Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-27-2015, 10:17 PM   #1
Ready to buy a Class A

Hi folks,
This is my first post, hope I'm doing it right. We have a 2001 Minnie Winnie Class C which is on it's last leg. We are ready to move up to a Class A Diesel, but want to keep it at around 33-34 feet and under 12 foot high (our RV garage door is only 12 feet). The two we are considering are the 2015 Thor Palazzo 33.2 and 2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D. We have looked at the Palazzo at a local CW, but have not seen the Fleetwood yet except in pictues. I have read about the slide problems on the 2013 Palazzo, but it seems that is resolved with the 2015. I'm concerned about the residential fridg. since we boondock much of the time too. I would sure like some advice and/or recommendations from more experienced RVer's. I know a new RV will have it's problems, but want to avoid the obvious.

OurOasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2015, 10:24 PM   #2

Glad to have you join us here in the forums.
Sorry I can't provide any insight on your search, hope that other members will be along soon.

99DSDP 3884, Freightliner, XC, CAT 3126B, 300 HP /ALLISON 3060
2000 Caravan toad, Remco & Blue Ox.
Skip426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:38 PM   #3
Monaco Owners Club
No first hand experience but always see complaints about Thor products on forums. Rarely an issue with with Fleetwood. Thors sure are pretty though! Good luck.
Jerry, "EWC (SW)" USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder 505 HP C-12 1550 TQ
Allison 4000MH Ram 4X4 towed
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:00 PM   #4
Have you considered the Winnebago/Itasca Solei/Forza?
Tom and Gloria
2007 Itasca Suncruiser 35A, TOAD: 2015 GMC Canyon, Blue Ox Towbar, Baseplate and SMI Stay N Play
TomandGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:03 PM   #5
I really like my 2014 Excursion 35C. It's just the right size for our usage and budgets. I personally prefer it to the Palazzo in terms of feature quality trade off.
As far as complaints about Palazzo I know there were problems, but as I understand it Thor has been very good about resolving them. You'll see plenty of complaints about Excursions too so I think that probably balances out.

I can't help you with the residential fridge questions since I don't boondock. I have 4 coach batteries and probably can get a day or so with the fridge. I never liked propane fridges and like the 2000 watt inverter in my coach.

I'd be glad to answer any Excursion questions you have. Just let me know
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2014 CRV w/EZ Tow
jondrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:40 PM   #6
Personally I just cant get past the small doors on the storage in the Palazzo, even if I could get my things in the doors I would probably chip the paint. I like the doors on the Excursion a lot better. Personally wish they opened up like most gas coaches though instead of out.
2014 Excursion 35B
asuperheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:30 AM   #7
Went with the Fleetwood Excursion!! Very excited!!
OurOasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:57 PM   #8
Originally Posted by OurOasis View Post
Went with the Fleetwood Excursion!! Very excited!!
As you should be!
Welcome to the forum. Hang around and keep us in the loop.
I have always said, "Anyone can sell something once, but the service will assure a repeat buyer".

2002 Fleetwood Storm 30H on Workhorse P32 chassis 8.1 gas.
LETMGROW is offline   Reply With Quote

class a