Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-22-2013, 06:08 AM   #1
Real world weights on Allegro 35 QBA

Looking for input from owners of 2010 - 2012 QBA owners on:

1 - have you weighed your rig as whole, by axel, by corner?
2-what us the weight if your toad?
3- do you have concerns/regrets?

I've read all the posts I can find on this forum and the allegro site and don't know how I should feel about the handling and load balancing but really love the layout

Looking to be full time with 3 small children for 12 months.

midwestroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Weighed mine last year, once, only front and rear.

Front GAWR 8,000 mine= 7,300
Rear GAWR15,000 mine= 13,460

Checked with: 1/3 water, full fuel, full propane, person in passenger seat. 2+ cases of water in rear bay, no luggage, loaded with normal basement camping gear and all kitchen equipment.

Yes, we are very happy with our choice. We started looking at floor plans four years before we bought and ended up with the very first one we both liked. 35QBA, we love the floor plan!!

We bought our MH primarily for long weekends however when a long trip came up out of the blue I jumped at the chance. We took a 6,000 mile trip last year and had a great time. Five adults for first part of trip and then four adults for remainder. Coach was loaded with everything we needed (maybe more than we needed) and we pulled a 3000 lb car. Only one problem with chassis, covered under warranty, and no more worries. Tiffin is a good manufacturer and stands behind their products. I would buy from them again. That being said...

I would like to have had the 24k chassis option to give me a little more CC wiggle room. I really wish that had been an option... and truthfully, I think Tiffin messed up by not making that mandatory as soon as possible.

Depending on the miles you will put on, it’s hard for me to think about full timing in this coach with three small children. Faced with that situation, I would look at a diesel pusher. Generally they have much higher CC and even larger basements for stuff. While this motorhome suits our needs perfectly well, if I knew I was going to be full timing in my motorhome, especially with three children and all of their toys, puzzles, books, games, scooters, and bikes, I would buy a diesel, even used if I had to.

Lastly, after reading this forum at great length, people say get more than you think you will need. 36ft goes quickly and I think for longer stays and a growing family of five, I would be looking at 38 ft minimum... and that also puts you more into the diesel arena.

For weekends and short trips, any of the gas Motorhomes would be okay and the 35QBA would totally rock! For longer trips and especially full time I would want something bigger and heavier.

Good luck with whatever you choose!
PM me if you want more info on the 35QBA.

edit: Check out the 38QBA. I really like that one too!
2011 Allegro 35QBA
Kar Kaddy KK460SS
2007.5 GMC, LMM D/A, Crew Cab, Z71 4x4, Long Box
Z714X4 is offline   Reply With Quote