Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2016, 09:27 PM   #1

rear 110 outlets are dead

My wife was using the sweeper today and the outlet went dead by the rear closet. At the same time the outlet at the left side of bedroom and near the dining table quit. All should be on the same circuit breaker which checks good and has voltage. These are not GFCI outlets. Is there another spot to check for a reset? Everything at the power board checks fine. This is a 2003 Forest River Windsong 326. Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2016, 09:38 PM   #2

Yes. Your outlets are daisy chained. If a GFCI outlet trips all outlets down stream will not work. Check and reset all GFCI outlets and I suspect the plugs will work. JD

Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:28 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Two suspects.
1: True story includes suspect and fix.
Neighbor came over to fetch me for his next door, Seems they had used space heaters the night before and now a lot of outlets including the TV in his case did not work. As we retuened to his motor home I ask about an inverter.. He did not know if he had one (he does) Got him to open the proper compartment door and reset the tripped breaker. Ask him to go in and check if everythign worked (it did) His wife ask if I thought I could help, He repolied "He's already fixed it". as the TV came on.

And that is the first suspect, a 2nd breaker on an inverter or on a sub panel (My rig has the sub panel).

Second, The QUICK BOX outlets are kind of cheesy. I mean the wire is PUNCHED DOWN into a slot that cuts through the insulation and makes contact with the wire inside.. This is common practice in Telephone junction boxes and works very well there at a few mA. but when you start drawing double digits (Vacuums can do that) bad things happen..

YOu may have burned out a connection, and what's worse it may be "Up-line" from the failed outelts.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:13 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Check the outlets in the bathroom. They are usually GFI and in line with the front and back outlets. The gfi's are usually in the outlet and not the breaker box.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:56 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
If you were using the generator one of those breakers may have tripped.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnroad View Post
My wife was using the sweeper today and the outlet went dead by the rear closet. At the same time the outlet at the left side of bedroom and near the dining table quit. All should be on the same circuit breaker which checks good and has voltage. These are not GFCI outlets. Is there another spot to check for a reset? Everything at the power board checks fine. This is a 2003 Forest River Windsong 326. Any help here is greatly appreciated.
opnroad
Have you checked for a tripped circuit breaker on your inverter?
(Most inverters pass 120V shore or genset power through 1 or 2 breakers to the receptacles in the RV).
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 02-12-2016, 08:50 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
......... I ask about an inverter.. He did not know if he had one (he does) ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
opnroad
Have you checked for a tripped circuit breaker on your inverter? .....
Great starter answers if main circuit box is ok. Been there, done that on the inverter GFI. My inverter was so far back in the compartment I could not see that it was a GFI. Finally in near desperation, l got a flashlight an crawled far enough into the compartment that I could finally see the reset on the plug.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 07:51 AM   #8

Rear outlets dead

My coach does not have an inverter but a DC charger that is also on that circuit along with the refrigerator. I found these both dead as my coach batteries were running low and my fridge was running on LP. Wires go into the rear of the coach wall and are dead on the other side. Any way to get a schematic of a 2003 Windsong 326?