Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2006, 08:46 AM   #1

I wasn't exactly sure where to place this, so Moderators, please by all means, properly place it if needed.

My wife and I have looked at a couple different MH models that feature the full bath in the rear of the coach. On the ones that we have inspected, the wardrobe is also placed in the same compartment. I notice on perusing different sites that more and more models are being offered with the rear bath feature-all with wardrobes in the same area.

I guess my stupid question is for anyone who has one of these models and could offer opinions based on their experiences so far.

What do you think of the wardrobes in the same small compartment as the shower and one of the commodes? Any mustiness problems or "other smells" affecting your articles stored in the wardrobe? Any feedback greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2006, 08:46 AM   #2

I wasn't exactly sure where to place this, so Moderators, please by all means, properly place it if needed.

My wife and I have looked at a couple different MH models that feature the full bath in the rear of the coach. On the ones that we have inspected, the wardrobe is also placed in the same compartment. I notice on perusing different sites that more and more models are being offered with the rear bath feature-all with wardrobes in the same area.

I guess my stupid question is for anyone who has one of these models and could offer opinions based on their experiences so far.

What do you think of the wardrobes in the same small compartment as the shower and one of the commodes? Any mustiness problems or "other smells" affecting your articles stored in the wardrobe? Any feedback greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 12-29-2006, 11:13 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Jimmy,

Our Winnebago View 23H has a rear bath with closet. We've experienced no problems with mustiness. We do, however, run the vent fan while showering to cut down on moisture in the motorhome overall. Hope this helps.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:50 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have the bath and 1/2, with full bath in rear only has linin closet but bedroom wardrobe is adjacent to bath. Have Fantastic fan that draws any moisture out when using the shower plus have a window also. Shower and adjacent walls look as clean as when it was new and you clean toilets as you would do in your home. If you have oder problems it could be a seal at base or steel ring of toilet, if Sealand, that has to be fixed.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:13 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Jimmy, I would pass on a wardrobe closet in the bath area only because it would be too samll for extended trips. I also think that it would real handy if it was located in the bath. Always choices!!
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:45 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimmy Jam:

Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jimmy.

My wife and I saw those also while shopping with friends recently and while poor practice on the part of those using the shower or maintaing the tanks could lead to a problem we found that on many it seemed more likely that someone could trip or get caught in the gap between the engine cover and the shower on the pushers. While we were talking someone stepped up to the shower and when they turned to make a comment they did not pay attention to their footing, slipped and got their right foot wedged. We helped them out and they did limp a bit for the rest of the day but did not seem to suffer anything permanent. They crossed that coach off their list which I recall was on a roadmaster chassis which according to the sales brochure was not supposed to have those types of issues because they make both the chassis and the line of coaches that are put on them.

Safety aside, if your current usage leaves you prone to bathroom odors from tanks, showers taken with the vent closed/off or towels left to dry in the bathroom without ventalation left running then you may want to pass on those with the wardrobe in the shower/toilet area.