RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2017, 07:02 PM   #15
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
About par for 97% of the CW's. Ask them to fix "A" and they attempt to fix "G" and screw up "Q" in the process.

What chassis GVW do you have? You might do some digging around in the Ford Chassis section if you haven't already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
My chassis is a 2016. I did more digging today and found out that CW gave me the price for a Sway Bar even though I made it very clear that i wanted a Track Bar. On their invoice they listed it as a Track Bar but the part # is for a Sway.
I have gotten a price from a different RV shop for the Henderson Track bar, part #ss400 for $525.00, not sure if I really want to spend that much. The CHF helped a lot and not sure if I can convince the DW if it's worth the extra money.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2017, 12:37 PM   #16

I would let CW touch my motorhome unless It was an emergency.

Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:57 PM   #17

Do a search on here for track bars. I made my own front and rear for under 100$ in parts. Check a good weld and fab. Shop and get a price if you can't do your own. The CHF and both track made my 20,500 lb. fleetwood Handel great. I do a 3,000 mile round trip every year. N.Y. To Fl. For winter.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:13 AM   #18
Senior Member - DIYer

Ford Super Duty Owner
DuippyTwo;

You may be light and on a shorter wheel base F53.

When I owned my 30 ft Mirada, I was going to do a trak bar. However, after I did the CHF and put on new shocks (mine were wore out) I didnt see a need for it, even when towing a toad.

It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:55 AM   #19

Check ultra track bar at Brazzles.com. $450. I have the chf also but the rear track bar was money very well spent
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:52 AM   #20

I'll have to put the Track Bar on hold for now, but if ever my DW decides to drive the MH and see's that there is still some wagging in the tail then I will put them on. Now, time to start bugging her to drive.
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:14 AM   #21

Worth the cost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Check ultra track bar at Brazzles.com. $450. I have the chf also but the rear track bar was money very well spent
I just installed the Brazels UltraTrac UTF53V8R last week before our trip down to the coast. It made quite a difference in handling with a cross wind and pulling the toad. I think that I am done with suspension upgrades for now. I have completed the CHF, replaced the factory Bilsteins with Monroe Gas Magnum RV shocks and replaced the rear sway bar bushings with urethane (OEM were missing). Handles much better now, but I still prefer the way our diesel PU hauling a 5'er handled.

There is a SuperSteer rear track bar that is exactly the same as the Brazels product - except it is painted blue. You will also notice that the installation instructions vary between the two units. I think that the SS instructions are more correct when it comes to the frame attachment steps.

Installation took me about four and a half hours.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
I did the CHF on my front axle and added a safe t plus to the front. I added a rear auxiliary sway bar, and a track bar and I couldn't be happier. Drive much better.