Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2015, 12:09 PM   #15

I have a Rear View Safety wireless camera on a 31' motor home that works great. Several thousand miles and no problems.
JumboJet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2015, 01:06 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by crasher View Post
where is the camera mounted and what is the distance to the monitor? What model voyager do you have?
model is wv0s511, mounted ob ack of trailer, distance is

approx;47 ft/

jim
sprayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:37 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I add a license plate frame camera to my CRV toad with a wireless transmitter in the rear door of the CRV and the receiver in the dash board of the coach. About 45 feet separation. Camera and transmitter are powered from the coach so it is only active the toad is connected. Granted it's not 70 feet but with the two ends of the wireless link pretty much buried with a lot of signal strength robbing obstacles between the two I get a clear image, at any speed, on the dash monitor in the coach. Found everything on Amazon for less that $100. The camera cost more than the video link.

The description for the link lists 48 feet working separation. If you were to mount the receiver in the rear of the coach all you'll need is a easy two wire (signal/ground) feed to the monitor in the driver's area which should be pretty simple. 50' wire with a male and female RCA connectors would close the gap.

Robot Check

Robot Check
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:03 AM   #18

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Update.

I recently installed a Voyager WVOS713 wireless system on our motorhome. We just made a 1600 mile trip to the FMCA rally in Perry, GA. The system worked flawlessly. Clear picture at all road speeds. Only issue is the dogs must have been playing while w were away and knocked the sun shield off monitor, and then decided it was a chew toy... I'll have to see if I can get a new sun shield.

Hopefully two pictures of the install will appear... One is with it powered on and the other is powered off. I took these inside my garage, so the light for taking pictures was poor... Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WVOS713-1.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	123198   Click image for larger version

Name:	WVOS713-2.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	123199  

Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVforMyRV View Post
Update.

I recently installed a Voyager WVOS713 wireless system on our motorhome. We just made a 1600 mile trip to the FMCA rally in Perry, GA. The system worked flawlessly. Clear picture at all road speeds. Only issue is the dogs must have been playing while w were away and knocked the sun shield off monitor, and then decided it was a chew toy... I'll have to see if I can get a new sun shield.

Hopefully two pictures of the install will appear... One is with it powered on and the other is powered off. I took these inside my garage, so the light for taking pictures was poor... Sorry.
That sounds like a good option except it is only good to 60' and I need more like 75'. The price is also pretty high. I haven't done anything yet but the best option for the money seems to be a hard wired one into my current monitor. I have been getting by with the camera on the coach, watching the mirror and observing the shadows as I pass someone. I guess if I would slow down a few mph, I wouldn't have to pass anyone.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:53 PM   #20

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
I haven't towed our trailer behind the motorhome with the new camera setup, but we have been cross country multiple times pulling our 25' cargo trailer behind our motorhome with only the old B/W camera on the motorhome. While not perfect, you can use the camera to help judge when you can pull over.

As for the 60' thing, I'm pretty confident it would work at 75'. I have had the Voyager camera 100' away from the monitor and it still worked fine, however, that was while parked and not in motion, so I can't say it is guaranteed.

One thing to consider about ASA Voyager equipment. ASA supplies mobile video monitors and cameras to the industrial, construction and agricultural markets. It is expected to stand up to the harshest conditions, and the systems in the RV market are built to the same standards. I will also say , that in the few times I have needed to use ASA tech support or deal with a warranty problem, they have been outstanding, and have a very good reputation for taking care of the customer.

Sometimes you get what you pay for.
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera