Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2014, 09:57 PM   #1

Rear Window?

no, not the movie... I am researching the MH I would like to get in a few years, and I was at a showroom a few weeks ago. Saw one rig which had a rear window. So the bedroom had windows on three sides, providing nice cross ventilation, and, in a pinch, I suppose that window could help a little with backing up.

Does anyone know of any motorhomes with rear windows? I've been looking a lot, and you never see them. Why is that?
lizmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2014, 10:14 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
If bedroom is in the rear a rear window might provide:

Too much light in the early am.
More noise and outside temp than insulated fiberglass
Less wall space for storage or closet.

nice views while you are sleeping?

zero assist for backing rig.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:38 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Speaking for pre-owned coaches, you will usually find gas powered coaches are more apt to have rear windows. Typically diesel powered coaches do not. I suppose because the engine is in the rear although, I don't know why that should be. I had always preferred a rear window, because it offers one more view. However our current coach is a diesel and has no rear window. I miss it, but other features of this coach make up for it.

JoAnn
ka7suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:39 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Send a message via Yahoo to FOSJ
We have a Monaco Knight with a rear window and love it! I can go to the bedroom while Steve is wathcing tv and not feel closed in. Light and noise has not been a problem.
FOSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:50 PM   #5

We had a Winnie Adventurer with a rear window and the kids loved it. They still wish we had the "W"
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
If bedroom is in the rear a rear window might provide: Too much light in the early am. More noise and outside temp than insulated fiberglass Less wall space for storage or closet. nice views while you are sleeping? zero assist for backing rig.
I can't second this enough! I loathe the rear window in our rig! Plus the silly blinds that rattle around all night!
Mitchyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:58 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We had a rear window in our Class C, right above the head of the bed. It was always cold, blinds rattled and it often interfered with pillows banging the blinds. I guess it would be okay if the bed was side to side.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our Dolphin LX has a rear window, plenty of closet space and a slide out containing the bed with a window over the bed. None of these interferes with one another and frankly we do not give the rear window much thought. I like the fact that we can pull the blind up and get some light in there. We leave the day time shade down for filtered light. I also have a cover such as you would put on the windshield for the rear window so folks cannot see in during the day.

Cross ventilation does not occur because the rear window does not open.

All in all we would rather have it than not.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:59 PM   #9

Winnebago Adventurer 38Q, Sightseer 35G, and Vista 31KE all have rear windows. These models were introduced in 2013/2014, so maybe you're not the only one interested in them!
HOHDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:58 AM   #10

I had a 2003 HR 37pct with a rear window the wife loved the view.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:04 AM   #11

howdy
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window