Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2014, 02:50 PM   #1

Recommendation for good wash and polishing?

Can anyone recommend some good cleaning and polishing products for a new coach with full body paint? Has a sickens pint job with 4x clear coat and I read somewhere not to use carnauba wax or any petroleum distillates.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, want to keep her looking nice and pretty!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2014, 03:19 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just tell WIFE to be very careful and one should supervise just to be sure! We use WASH WAX ALL from www.washall.com. Every day while traveling I do redo the front once parked to get days bugs and grime off MH. they make an interesting gizmo for reaching the hi places without need for a ladder. Even use on windshield glass. Nothing sticks to it. Was MFG for Airplanes and has numbers allowing it to be used on planes. If it is good enough for the friendly skies. safe travels.... ed

Old 01-20-2014, 03:28 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDALLSAILS View Post
Just tell WIFE to be very careful and one should supervise just to be sure! We use WASH WAX ALL from www.washall.com. Every day while traveling I do redo the front once parked to get days bugs and grime off MH. they make an interesting gizmo for reaching the hi places without need for a ladder. Even use on windshield glass. Nothing sticks to it. Was MFG for Airplanes and has numbers allowing it to be used on planes. If it is good enough for the friendly skies. safe travels.... ed
Can I borrow your wife? Mine won't do anythng outside the coach interior..
Old 01-20-2014, 03:48 PM   #4

Quote:
I checked out the website. Do you wet wash the coach and follow up with that product? I'm assuming on the front end bugs come off easy? I'm also assuming it is a polymer based product and not silicone or wax?

Thanks
Old 01-20-2014, 07:26 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you want something more readily available and reasonably priced you can use the line of "ice" products by turtle wax. The wash is really thick, almost like a gel and leaves a great shine. I follow it up with their spray wax (has carnaubu). I spray it on and wipe it off with a microfiber cloth. Works great! I think I will use their regular wax once a year.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:55 AM   #6

With full body paint you have nothing to worry about. The more wax the better. Wax containing petroleum products is an issue with some plastics or vinyl such as decals. Ours is partial paint so I use good quality wax (P21S) on the paint and gel coat and 303 Aerospace Protectant on everything else including seals, etc. I then clean all windows really good and use RainX...three coats on windshield. Don't forget to lube everything up such as hinges, locks, etc. I use Boeshield T-9. As it was mentioned, key is getting the paint really clean. I've tried different products but regular dishwashing soap works great. Its not good between washes because it will remove wax, but great to get the paint really clean. Now if you were a perfectionist you can clay bar the entire coach. LOL
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Ed, I think this is the link you meant to post: Aircraft RV Cleaner Waterless Wash Wax Detailing Products Supplies
Old 01-26-2014, 08:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
Can anyone recommend some good cleaning and polishing products for a new coach with full body paint? Has a sickens pint job with 4x clear coat and I read somewhere not to use carnauba wax or any petroleum distillates.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, want to keep her looking nice and pretty!
Look up Rejex. Great product
Old 01-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman1 View Post
Look up Rejex. Great product
X2 Do a search about ReJex on this forum and you will find many happy customers. Just FYI I used to use ReJex on my BE-200 de-ice boots, then I did the whole plane in it. Great product and bugs wipe right off the front mask (and the boots).
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:39 AM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Another vote for Rejex. I do the whole coach, windows, windshield, polished aluminum wheels, everything. The wife uses it on the shower stall also.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenNSteph View Post
I used to use ReJex on my BE-200 de-ice boots

BE-200 = BE20.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by al2ride View Post
Ed, I think this is the link you meant to post: Aircraft RV Cleaner Waterless Wash Wax Detailing Products Supplies
Thanks for the link. Does anyone have a concern about just wiping off grit and grime with a damp towel? Doesn't it scratch the finish?

Don
Old 01-26-2014, 04:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye View Post
Thanks for the link. Does anyone have a concern about just wiping off grit and grime with a damp towel? Doesn't it scratch the finish?

Don
I always rinse first. Grit and grime acts like sandpaper on your paint or clearcoat.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:13 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
I have many years of experience with car washes and waxes keeping collectible cars looking good. For anyone that wants a great product that is easy to apply and lasts a long time give this a try, Optimum car wash and car wax. I've used Rejex, good product, I think the Optimum lasts longer and easier to apply.

I can wash and wax my entire coach in less than 3 hours and the wax will easily last the entire season. I use a microfiber head on a wash pole to wash and a microfiber towel to dry. The wax is liquid which you just put in a spray bottle, spray it on and use a microfiber cloth to remove. You can get the Optimum wash (OPT-201) and wax (OPT-101) from Autopia Car Care (Autopia-carcare.com).

Here's my 14 year old coach that stays outdoors 365...

Shine on!