Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2016, 01:49 PM   #1

Recommendations on a good quality Class A

Hi All,

My wife and I are looking for a good quality used Class A. We can't afford luxury and don't want junk.

We currently have a 25' 2007 Fleetwood Wildness TT and a 2008 GMC PU. Our current use is 4-5 long 4-day weekends and 1 week per year.

Looking for:

1. Class A Model Year: 2011 to 2013
2. Price Range - Under 70,000
3. 31 to 35 feet
4. Gasser
5. Usage will be more than above but probably never more than 30 days at one time.

Any suggestion for great brands in the range above and any brands to stay away from?

How does Georgetown MH stack up?

Any recommendations and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
RonP55Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2016, 02:05 PM   #2

RonP55Chevy-

You might want to move your age range back a little. For instance, I've looked at current Holiday Rambler Admirals (on line, I admit), and I'm not sure they are as nice or well-built as our 2008. I think the economic meltdown had something to do with this.

There are advocates for almost every current and ex-manufacturer here on iRV2. My impression, after reading many posts, is that these are most mentioned in the same sentence as "higher-quality" and "gasser":

Holiday Rambler
Monaco
Newmar
Tiffin

although every one of them has made some "lemons." You'll find satisfied Winnebago/Itasca owners, too.

Having likely kicked the proverbial hornet's nest, I'll scramble back into my hole.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 02:30 PM   #3

We love our 2006 HR Admiral 30PDD Quality is very good and we have had no major problems. Only thing I've had to repair is the water heater. Very easy to repair. As you see we are full timers and so far after 7 months we are really enjoying it. All brands have problems in different years but when we buy our next mh it will be a good used HR prior to 2009. Good luck and have fun.
Crabb E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:48 PM   #4

Newmar Mountain Aire were available in that size and as gasser's for several years. Just can't recall which. I'd be fine with ether the Workorse based with 8.1, of the F53 but at least with the 5spd transmission.

Rexhall's are few and far apart. But they had the UFO (8.1 Rear Engine gasser.), that in the smaller 37' model, was big enough to square dance in. Two T-Rex supersedes, really open this unit up.

Holiday Rambler also built a few of these UFO based coaches, and they are respected by the UFO gang.

Fleetwood of course, has from say the Bounder level on up to I believe the Pace Arrow. Southwinds were a good bang for the buck, with a little bit better material choices and fabrics on the inside. Pace Arrows are the top of the gas units from Fleetwood.

Happy hunting,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:08 PM   #5

You can do a lot better than Georgetown at your pricepoint.
I would rank Newmar Bay Star (smallest Canyon Star is 34' I believe) and Tiffin Allegro highly and right behind would be Fleetwood Bounder/ Southwind, Monaco/Holday Rambler Winnebago/Itasca.

As important as quality is floorplan.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:55 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
We recently bought a smaller Class A. We were looking at:

Newmar and Tiffin, then Monaco and HR.

Liked some Winnebago and Itasca floor plans and almost bought a 36' Itasca but backed out because of windshield issues probably resolved in years you're looking at.

We settled on a Southwind 32VS 2007 or newer because of owner reviews and the floorpan and the size but came across a Triple E Commander single owner with same floor plan which we bought. Floorpan and condition were key for us.

Good luck.

Tags
class a, quality