Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2014, 07:10 PM   #15

Tiffin 38QBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tfamily View Post
You might want to make sure the bathroom is accessible while the coach is closed up if that's important to you. We changed our minds about the Tiffin bunkhouse model because you couldn't. (Didn't end up with a bunkhouse at all in the end)
We have a Tiffin Allegro RED 38QBA. We have access to the bathroom at all times and use it regularly as we travel down the road. There is no problem getting to the bathroom with all sliders in and travel ready.

I would be interested to know what Tiffin model you saw that did not give access to the bathroom.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2014, 03:35 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Max weight on the top bunk on coachman encounter

Does anyone know the max weight on the top bunk in the encounter? Salesperson said 200-250 but There was no sticker stating that. The bounder bunk house state 350 lbs.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:11 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry La View Post
We have a Tiffin Allegro RED 38QBA. We have access to the bathroom at all times and use it regularly as we travel down the road. There is no problem getting to the bathroom with all sliders in and travel ready.

I would be interested to know what Tiffin model you saw that did not give access to the bathroom.
Yea, a week late but I'm just seeing the thread. They're probably referring to the 38QBA's big brother, the Phaeton 40QKH. The bathroom door only opens about a quarter of the way when the slides are in.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
Yea, a week late but I'm just seeing the thread. They're probably referring to the 38QBA's big brother, the Phaeton 40QKH. The bathroom door only opens about a quarter of the way when the slides are in.
Correct. The QBA was MUCH better for layout!
Old 02-20-2014, 06:55 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrenn73 View Post
Does anyone know the max weight on the top bunk in the encounter? Salesperson said 200-250 but There was no sticker stating that. The bounder bunk house state 350 lbs.
Unfortunately, I suspect that many manufacturers don't bother testing for that (or if they do, don't publish the numbers).

In the bunk beds I built (which are just for our kids so weight capacity isn't a huge concern - I don't think my oldest son is even 70 lbs), I put about 200-250lbs of weight on it and looked for sagging (didn't notice any) and then left the weight there for 3-4 days to see if there was only noticeable problems long term.