Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #71

Monaco Owners Club
On the news today....
The company that has the contract to put the red light cameras up in chicago has sued the citty for like 15 million dollars in lost revenue for, amung other thinga, eldel

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #72

Monaco Owners Club
Never mind, mixing my taxation without representation stuff...

Fyi, richie daly sold all the parking meters in chicago for 67 million....

The past couple years, the company he sold them to has been sueing the city for lots of lost revenue.

In the meantime, richie got to balance his budget.
Note he is now under investigation for some higly irregular triple dipping pension action.

Note also, the state of illinois in 80 billion behind in funding employee pensions.
Oddly, they claim annual state revenue of 33 billion....

I rewally need to talk the DW into moving somewhere else.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #73

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68
Never mind, mixing my taxation without representation stuff...

Fyi, richie daly sold all the parking meters in chicago for 67 million....

The past couple years, the company he sold them to has been sueing the city for lots of lost revenue.

In the meantime, richie got to balance his budget.
Note he is now under investigation for some higly irregular triple dipping pension action.

Note also, the state of illinois in 80 billion behind in funding employee pensions.
Oddly, they claim annual state revenue of 33 billion....

I rewally need to talk the DW into moving somewhere else.
Come to Texas. No income taxes or cold weather.........lots of heat though. We go to Colorado in the summer!
Old Dude 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #74

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Errr...no This has actually been reported in the local news, lately...I'm not making it up.

Neither local Gov't officials nor the installers could speak to defense arguments about how, when, or why the system would be directed to take the picture. The defense attorney's are agruing that only the manufacturer/designer could answer to the details about these system details.

There are several smaller townships that have removed the cameras for this reason...plus the manufacturers are collecting a large percentage of the revenues under their installation agreements.

Really...I'm not making this up Crazy...huh?!
Yes, it is really crazy and makes me think that there are some really stupid Judges... Just how does a cop with a radar get tickets approved if they dont actually know how they work down to the last detail then? With this arguement ALL radar tickets are illegal..
Old 05-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #75

I remember my wife going to breathalyzer school. It was a week long and since she studied at home and wanted quiz questions, we both completely understood the principal behind and the practical operation of the unit. Not just blow and see what the pretty needle points to. When she got certified as a radar operator, another school and more knowledge. Beam width, tangential effects on the reading, etc. I just don't understand why they can't be trained in the photo enforcement equipment.
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #76

Monaco Owners Club
Officers are trained on how to correctly OPERATE the various pieces of equipment they use in their jobs (RADAR, LIDAR, breath test instruments etc etc). They are not trained on how to design and manufacture them as that would be beyond the scope of their required knowledge.

Usually when a new piece of technology is used in court, they are required to prove its accuracy and reliability before it can be admissible as evidence. This can be done through an evidentiary hearing where the manufacturer send its representatives in to talk about the system design. If it meets the required legal standards then the judge can take judicial notice of the accuracy and reliability of the system itself. The officer only needs to testify in the future as to how he operated the system and whether it passed any required functionality checks.

The red light camera company is not the "accuser" since without local government involvement, they have no authority to enforce traffic law on public roadways. However, the red light camera company may certainly be the only ones who have the requisite knowledge to testify as to the operation of the camera system. If they are refusing to provide that training to the local government officials, then they should be prepared to send appropriately trained representatives to court. It sounds like these local governments have not taken the necessary legal steps to back up their red light camera systems. Either that or they're having a hard time meeting the courts' standards for accuracy and reliability in light of their respective red light statutes.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #77

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPProduction View Post
Looks like the less traveled road through small town America with the great scenery is not for the RV'r who has the time to enjoy it...is not operated with us in mind. I guess those who want to hurry up and wait will get to enjoy them.
It's a shame that they have carried that 3 second rule for a cookie you drop to the traffic lights!
Looks like this question I asked has caused all kind of reactions, good and bad, my complaint was not that the city had the camera it was the timing of the light that made it hard or next to impossible to stop. This is the second ticket I received, the first I in a car and now one in a MH. I paid both, the first one was not coming to a complete stop , the second was I could not stop, I think the people that put these up should take into consideration the stopping time for all vehicles. We stayed in Florida for a month, this was the only light I ran, all the other situations I was given a fair chance to stop, this one I did not receive the same opportunity and time to stop. If I agree with or disagree with traffic cameras is not the point, being fair to all is the point. One other thing,

I understand the company that makes these traffic cameras is suing a city in Tennessee for tickets that the cities rejected that seemed to be unfair to the driver. I guess the mayor got a ticket!!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #78

Yep,I winter down in Port Richey,Florida. They have the red light cameras on just about every street corner. The newspaper is always reporting how many millions of dollars they're making with the cameras.

Joe
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #79

In late March, my son's girlfriend went through a red light driving my vehicle.
Early April we got the ticket in the mail, it was sent to my wife as she is on
the registration also, and it is obvious the driver was a woman.
We sent the ticket back with a copy of my wife's drivers license, obviously
not the same person as photo in ticket.
On the form we returned, there was a place that we "may" identify the driver,
we just left it blank for the drivers name.
Today got a letter back saying the "Photo enforcement citation listed below
was dismissed on 04/23/12."

This is in Tucson, your town is probably different.