Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #1

Red Max Pro 3 Saga

You guys have been so much help to me through this forum I thought that I should tell you about my ordeal in obtaining Red Max Pro 3 from Lowe's. I learned of this product here and went to my local Lowe's in Montgomery, Al. to buy it and they did not have any. I went online and learned that none of the stores in my area had any. I attempted to order a gallon through Lowe's web site and was told that it was not available for online purchase. I then called Lowe's customer service number and was told that it was not available for online purchase. I asked how I might buy this product if my local stores don't have it and it is not available online. I was placed on hold twice while I waited and finally the girl came back and said that she had found a gallon in Milledgevill, Ga. and that they were willing to ship it to me if I would pay shipping. Well, they are shipping it to me and I hope to put the new finish on my MH this weekend. I was determined to get this after reading all your posts declaring the merrits of the product. Thanks again for all tha information that i have received.
joelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Funny how hard it can be to do business with some places these days. Glad you were able to find it and do let us know how it turns out for you.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Really makes you want to jump out there and buy a few thousand shares of Lowes ..... doesn't it?
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lowes has stated it will no longer be selling Red Max Pro. Zep had been repackaging ZEP High Traffic Floor Polish exclusively for Lowes.

I bought Zep HTFP last week at Home Depot for $17.00, same thing.

See discussion post #186 here http://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/red-m...-93958-14.html

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Back in March, when I was looking for RMP3, I searched Lowes on line and found none in Cincinnati. My wife and I were headed to Columbus, so I started searching in ever larger circles between here and Columbus. I finally found it listed for $3.88 a container at a Lowes in N. Columbus. I thought it must be in quarts, so I ordered 3 to be picked up when we went north. Imagine my surprise to find I didn't have 3 quarts, I had 3 gallons @$3.88 per. I bought them, now I have a lifetime supply!

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #6

Please let us know how the Zep product works out. I was about ready to use that , but I had not read all the positive comments that I had read about the RMP3.
joelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
Lowes has stated it will no longer be selling Red Max Pro. Zep had been repackaging ZEP High Traffic Floor Polish exclusively for Lowes.

I bought Zep HTFP last week at Home Depot for $17.00, same thing.

See discussion post #186 here http://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/red-m...-93958-14.html
Went to Lowes the other day looking for RMP. It was on the bottom shelf, marked down to close-out prices, something like $8.44 a gallon. Unfortunately all they had on the shelf was Steps 1,2 and 4. Strangely all the Step 3 was gone!

Hmmm... looks like the other RV'ers beat me to it
Old 04-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #8

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think I would have bought 3 or 4 if Lowes had it on clearance. Oh well, still happy to find it at Home Depot.

Finished all the prep work today, man am I pooped out. If I feel okay tomorrow and weather permitting I will apply the Zep HTFP and report back.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Hmm, I'm thinking I should have scooped up all 3 that were on the shelf when I bought mine. When I'm in there this weekend I'll look and consider keeping them on hand for the great folks on this forum that are looking for it.
ZMasterFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #10

My local ReStore gets a lot of their items from the local Home Depot. In the fall I was in there and there was a 5 gallon pail of the Zep Glossy (equivalent to Red max Pro #3) for $20. So I bought it and did my coach. Wow what a difference in the appearance. Hope I live long enough to be able to use up all that polish.When I did the coach, I filled a quart container and only used about half to do the whole coach with 4 coats.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
lowes has started selling zep,which is from what i hear is made by the same company. just get the "wet look " finish
genesimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #12

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesimmons View Post
lowes has started selling zep,which is from what i hear is made by the same company. just get the "wet look " finish
Zep Wetlook is different then RMP3. Not that it's better or worse, just different.
see post #4

Old 04-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Back in March, when I was looking for RMP3, I searched Lowes on line and found none in Cincinnati. My wife and I were headed to Columbus, so I started searching in ever larger circles between here and Columbus. I finally found it listed for $3.88 a container at a Lowes in N. Columbus. I thought it must be in quarts, so I ordered 3 to be picked up when we went north. Imagine my surprise to find I didn't have 3 quarts, I had 3 gallons @$3.88 per. I bought them, now I have a lifetime supply!
You got a deal there, but let me tell you about mine.
A member on RV.Net that lives about 50 miles from me, sent me a pm telling me the Lowes location there had the 5 gal jugs of Red Max on sale. So we drive up the next evening & sure enough it was on clearance sale. Checked with the dept manager & was suppose to be 3 jugs on hand, but we couldnt find but one. Get to the check out, oh my god, $3.99 for that 5 gallon jug. I snatched that up real quick.

Now the local Lowes store close to me, which had been out of Red Max for awhile, has the Red Max back in stock as well as all the Zep products.
I guess it does do some good, to call the Lowes home office headquarters first & then have a good talk with your local Lowes store manager.
The lady that took my call at the Lowes home headquarters, didnt seem to like the idea that Home Depot was still getting sales from the wax & Lowes wasnt because they didnt have it in stock.
Neil
C-Leigh Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Red Max Pro

Thought I had a good deal until I listen to you guys. My Lowes in Katy, Tx
Had 5 cases of #3 on sale at 12.48 Maybe I should have waited.
caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote