Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2016, 05:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankcj View Post
I went to Colton truck for tires and a major service. I stayed with my coach for two days (I'll never do that again) and I was impressed with the amount of business they do. I saw no less than 10 DP in there at any given time (Monaco Signature, 3 country coaches, a brand new Cornerstone, a Wonderlodge, etc). Love's fuel trucks are serviced there as well and I saw 4 Riverside Fire Trucks being serviced. They only do chassis and generator...no house items.

When they finish your rig, they take it for a spin and then pull it up out front and wipe it clean...they even pressure wash the engine. I had to have my engine cover removed for access and I had laid plenty of towels down so as not to get grease on the carpet and they ended up laying blankets over the towels so they didn't get my ratty old towels dirty!

When it was all done, they went line by line on the bill and explained everything they did. They even picked me up off the floor when I saw the total!
Sounds like my kinda shop. I'll be adding them to my short list. Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2016, 06:22 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Another vote for Colton Truck. They do all of my regular maintenance and have always done a great job. They are very professional.

nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:29 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Redlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrob View Post
Went to their presentation the prices they quoted scared me away

Same thing here regarding shock absorbers and labor and material were out of site and the guy at the show who was quoting me was an arrogant smart ass. I'll get the shocks and install them my self. They wanted over $2000.00 for four.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:53 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I want to thank all of you for your input and recommendations. Today I made an appointment with Colton.

I called both Redlands and Colton and reviewed a number of things I want to have looked at. Both shops appeared to have an exceptional level of knowledge and I was treated very well by both. They took their time answering my questions and I never felt rushed. I am sure both shops would do an exemplary job.

There was one reason I decided to go to Colton and this was when I asked about a number of questions such as do you recommend new shocks, an alignment and many other questions the response from Redlands was "yes with out a doubt you should have this service done". When the same question was asked to the Colton rep the response was "let us take a look at your shocks, take the coach out for a test drive and then we can recommend if you need these services".

That being said both have super reviews and I am sure I would be happy with either place. For now I will give Colton a try.

I will report back after my appointment in a few weeks and let you all know what I think after the service is done.

Stuart
Old 02-06-2016, 02:27 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
After reading all the replies I think I going to try out Colton Truck next time I have to take the KStar in for some chassis service or issues. I've used Redlands Truck and RV ever since I bought this coach. They're are good. Chris and Mike have taken care of me but the pricing is out of sight and they are always trying to sell me something else. In the last 2 years I've spent close to $20,000 with them (the KStar had been rode hard and put away wet one time to many by the PO. Not to worry, I got a killer deal on it and knew what I was up against). I have sent friends and IRV2 friends to them too. One of them told me this summer that they wouldn't go back because they were too expensive and always trying to sell them on a service or parts that they didn't need. This was a great eye opening post Stuart. Kuddos

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2017 GMC Canyon 4X4 Crewcab
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:16 AM   #20

Wow. Lots of questions and statements to respond to.
First off I would like to Thank Gruelens, EdGray, Zekegb and DDsnipe (Craig Roberts) for your kind words.
I have Managed Henderson's Line Up, been an Owner at Brazel's RV and now Manage Redlands Truck and RV. I have always run them the same way, we will not use a "bait and switch" type tactic. We will always tell you the truth regarding the condition of your coach and from there it's your decision to repair/upgrade or not to. Are we the "cheapest" no, and I don't want to be. We offer a quality service for an appropriate price with many extra's such as a no charge RV park and Courtesy Chassis inspections. We work very hard for Our Customers & most are very happy that we are not afraid to tell the truth. If for some reason Our Customer is not satisfied we will do everything we can to make them so. Customers are king at our shop, They are the reason we are here, which is why we throw a gigantic Customer Appreciation BBQ at Quartzsite every year.

Look, it's impossible to satisfy 100% of Your Customers 100% of the time, but We give Honest, Respectful, Quality service.

To the Gentlemen with the shock estimate (Holy Cow) are you sure you have only 4 shocks? Our $1990 price was for 8 shocks on a Monaco. Not sure who you were talking to at Our place in QZ, but I want to apologize if they we're short or had a bad attitude with you. It's a stressful place for Us, as we usually put in 14 hours a day for 2 weeks. Although that's no excuse, We need to be respectful.

Stuart,
I do recommend an Alignment on your Coach as you stated your not sure if it had ever been done before, and if your original shocks are 8 years old, I will always recommend they be replaced. Shocks are extremely important to tire wear, handling, etc. They also directly affect squeaks & rattles which I can't stand. Installing a softer riding Shock will make the wife happy
Old 02-07-2016, 12:03 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Mike thanks for stopping by and giving us your side. While I have never been to your shop, we are spending every winter here now and will darn sure keep you in mind.
Wanted to talk to you guys at the Indio Rally but unfortunately my timing was bad as you guys we're always really busy when we went by.

Nice to see an active business owner
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:36 PM   #22

Thank You Traps90,

But I'm just the GM, Keith and Karen Shomaker are the owners, and I'm proud to be working for and with them!
Old 02-07-2016, 12:50 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You have school buses and dump trucks in your area. Ask them who they use. Dump trucks don't want down time so it must be fixed right the first time.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:56 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks Mike. I not trying to badmouth you guys. I do think the world of the team at Redlands. In fact Karen met me at the gate and backed me in last time I was at the shop. I'm not saying I won't be back but I'll shop it next time. BTW I need new upper and lower ball joints done on the KStar, rubber boot rot that Spartan was famous for, can you give me a solid price? Reyco/ Granning 1260 front suspension.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2017 GMC Canyon 4X4 Crewcab
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:06 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Mike and thank you for responding to this thread, original poster here . You apparently have a great business with fantastic quality workmanship. I particularly like that you are very customer oriented, especially the RVers.

Stuart
Old 02-08-2016, 08:46 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Redlands has a great reputation also...just take a look at RV Service Reviews - 75 'Excellent' reviews!. The primary reason I went with Colton was that they had a better price on tires and I didn't have any house items to service/repair. If you have house items that need to be addressed, your rig needs to stay a day or two and you are staying in it, and you like one stop shopping....Redlands is the only game in town.

Depending on your situation, you can rest assured that with either place, you will be in good hands!
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:05 PM   #27

Craig,
I have our parts manager working on the ball joints and I will Pm you an estimate today. No offense taken on your post, I thought it was good. It's the people who have never been here, yet post about Us that I have an issue with.

Stuart,
We cater to RVers because nobody else wants to it seems and they are a great group of folks with amazing stories. Most "truck" shops treat RVers like second class citizens. We never push aside RVers because our Commercial Customers need their equipment back, everyone is first come first served.

Tankcj,
We try very hard for our Customers approval & the RV service Review rating show that. We're not perfect by any stretch, but we try to make sure all of our customers are completely satisfied.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:08 PM   #28

Tankcj,

Just curious, did you buy Michelin tires?

Tags
california, service