Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
Look inside a American Coach years 2001-2009. They solved the problem of the reflections on the flat glass side windows with a peice of smoke- tinted plexiglass. I removed mine but soon realized I could not see my mirrors without it. I promptly reinstalled it.
336muffin, where is the plexiglass placed?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #16

I am confident using film will only make it worse reflection wise.
Been there done that
Old 10-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #17
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
336muffin, where is the plexiglass placed?
me too
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #18

Damon Owners Club
I spent some time on a chartered coach recently and saw the
solution to this problem. I try to get photos and post it tomorrow.
I do need some help in how to upload photos to this thread.
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #19

Is this related to the newer mirrors that hang down in front of the windshield? I've never encountered this in my last 3 motorhomes. But then I tend to drive vintage wheels.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #20

Mine is mounted on the driverside " A " pillar, about 7inches X 28inches. The leading edge is mounted with 5 screws and shields the side window frim the reflection from the gauges and other light colored items on the dash. I also painted my A pillars matte black which helps a lot while driving on a bright sunny day. This is a truck drivers trick.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #21

Where was this plexiglass mounted? Approximate size? Light...medium or dark tint??

Thanks'
Pat O'Mara
pomara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #22

Quote:
Mine is mounted on the driverside " A " pillar, about 7inches X 28inches. The leading edge is mounted with 5 screws and shields the side window frim the reflection from the gauges and other light colored items on the dash. I also painted my A pillars matte black which helps a lot while driving on a bright sunny day. This is a truck drivers trick.
Here
Old 10-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #23
KIX

Quote:
Here
Where?
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Think you could post a picture?
Thanks
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #25

I have this same problem with my 2007 Georgetown. The reflection is on the drivers' side window and reflects what is outside the passenger side window. It's particularly bad at night. Sometimes I can't tell if what I"m seeing outside the drivers' side window is what's really there, or what's coming at me from the other side.
miller5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #26

Freightliner Owners Club
I placed a flat black blanket across the top of the front panel on the coach and it seemed to help. But sometimes the passenger side reflection is so bad that I have to lift the blanket with my left hand to block the reflection. Of course this only works when I'm backing up and not driving down the road. It becomes almost impossible to see the drivers left mirror when there is sun or vehicle lights behind you. Our windows are tinted so further tinting I don't think will solve it. Good thread.....I thought I was the only one who had this difficult problem????
Old 10-08-2013, 06:01 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have noticed in certain afternoon light when backing in at our storage site that my driver side mirror goes dark and near worthless.

This past weekend we returned from a trip and were unloading things into the car. We pulled the car in front of the Motorhome. I looked in the driver side mirror and could see the reflection of the car in front of me as clear as day in my mirror. It didn't block the view to the rear and I could "see through" the cars reflection, but I had Annie look at in too. She had not seen the "black out" I get when backing in, but had been on the listening end of me complaining about it when guiding me in to storage.

We don't drive at night so I've not experienced the issue being discussed but I can imagine it and will watch for it. We so have dual pane glass in all windows btw. There is so much windshield and glass that I guess the reflections bounce around and the mirrors catch them depending on angles and light.

Sunglasses don't help with my backup issue. Opening the window and sticking head out is the only thing that seems to work. Also - my mirrors don't hang down. Agree - good thread!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #28

I haven't experienced that_yet. Then again, both of my outside mirrors are viewed through the windshield. One of them moved by itself and had to be viewed through the side dual-pane window. That was very distracting, so after AFChap told me how to make the rough adjustment to overhead mirrors, I put it back so it is seen through the windshield.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver, driver side mirror, reflections, window