Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2016, 06:58 AM   #29

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I grew up and lived in New England, because of the taxes and politics I moved south. My registration for MH is $25.00 a year. I now drive to New England in the MH and visit. That was my solution to the high taxes.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2016, 09:45 AM   #30
epj

That sounds extremely low. What state are you in?
epj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:06 PM   #31

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by epj View Post
That sounds extremely low. What state are you in?
Location is under my avatar. I can PM you a copy of the registration renewal if you like. The MH is 20 years old. Don't know what it would be in Maine for a vintage MH. The 2004 truck is $45.00 to renewal.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:16 PM   #32

Mr D.,
Yes we are heading to Alaska with Lloyd and Lorraine. Leaving Honolulu on the 15th and heading north on the 18th. Planning to be in anchorage about July 1.
Hawaii Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:36 PM   #33

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnitis View Post
It is also your "patriotic duty" and moral obligation to pay taxes. In an RV forum, you do understand how roads and highways come about, right? A lot of older folk in here rely upon younger people who work and pay their taxes for their existences.
1st it is not my problem or obligation TO PAY SOMEONE ELSE'S WAY! Unless they are my own family.

2nd it is NOT anyone's duty to pay confiscatory taxes

3rd Do you know we never had an income tax before 1913? (Except 1861-1872 to pay for the Civil War)

4th Highways are SUPPOSED to be paid by the 47-87 cents/gal FUEL TAXES.

5th Paying a sales tax on a USED item is DOUBLE TAXATION.

6th EXCISE TAX is also double taxation and is nothing more than the government STEALING from you.

7th I assure you I can find MILLIONS of dollars in your state budget wasted on CRAP, fraud and waste. Dont even get me started on money given to free loaders and NON CITIZENS.

I can go on and on here brother because I have spent many years trying to put an end to it esp at the federal level. Sadly far too many people just accept it and do NOTHING about it. Worse, they KNOW nothing about it either.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:35 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
1st it is not my problem or obligation TO PAY SOMEONE ELSE'S WAY! Unless they are my own family.

2nd it is NOT anyone's duty to pay confiscatory taxes

3rd Do you know we never had an income tax before 1913? (Except 1861-1872 to pay for the Civil War)

4th Highways are SUPPOSED to be paid by the 47-87 cents/gal FUEL TAXES.

5th Paying a sales tax on a USED item is DOUBLE TAXATION.

6th EXCISE TAX is also double taxation and is nothing more than the government STEALING from you.

7th I assure you I can find MILLIONS of dollars in your state budget wasted on CRAP, fraud and waste. Dont even get me started on money given to free loaders and NON CITIZENS.

I can go on and on here brother because I have spent many years trying to put an end to it esp at the federal level. Sadly far too many people just accept it and do NOTHING about it. Worse, they KNOW nothing about it either.
Jay,
You are absolutely right in my book. You could go on and on, and I would read every single word, and take up where you left off. It is exactly what I go around saying nearly every day. Tyranny is a word that comes to mind describing my observations on a majority of taxation practices on all levels.
Our own government is (ironically) the entity who is unpatriotic.

The thing is, if the government would let us keep more of what we make, in the end, the government would actually have more revenue. It's happened before.....not that long ago.

It's amazing what a guy could accomplish, if he weren't taxed to death.
Best regards,
W.D.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 06:36 AM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifemember View Post
I grew up and lived in New England, because of the taxes and politics I moved south. My registration for MH is $25.00 a year. I now drive to New England in the MH and visit. That was my solution to the high taxes.
Slightly off topic. I believe a disabled vet is exempt from sales tax in OK. You apply for a card to show when purchasing. And a new vehicle every couple yrs is sales tax exempt. You may shade some additional details on that subject being an Okie. Thanks
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:12 AM   #36

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Jay,
You are absolutely right in my book. You could go on and on, and I would read every single word, and take up where you left off. It is exactly what I go around saying nearly every day. Tyranny is a word that comes to mind describing my observations on a majority of taxation practices on all levels.
Our own government is (ironically) the entity who is unpatriotic.

The thing is, if the government would let us keep more of what we make, in the end, the government would actually have more revenue. It's happened before.....not that long ago.

It's amazing what a guy could accomplish, if he weren't taxed to death.
Best regards,
W.D.
Agreed 100%. It's been done before so we know it to be FACT
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:34 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
This thread has taken a turn toward a decidedly political discussion. While I can appreciate anybody/everybody wishing they didn't have to pay taxes - I'm sure that the numerous posts about how the government wastes tax dollars make the authors feel good about having written them. However, the fact remains that taxes are a fact of life (regardless of whether you agree with them or not) ... and failing to pay what the government declares is your fair share - can and will get your into some pretty deep doo-doo.

By all means, avail yourself of the political process to press for changes as you see fit .... but until the laws are changed, get over the reality that taxes are a part of life or pay the consequences. There are plenty of taxpayers like myself who do pay what is demanded of us (unhappy about it though we may be) who will celebrate whatever action the government happens to take against those who don't.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:06 AM   #38

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwedgemaine View Post
Does anyone know if there are states ythat ou can register you Class A in without living their, that is reasonable cost wise ?
My town in Maine hits you with a very high Excise Tax every year plus a high Registration fee.
In the state of Missouri a senator registered her plane in Delaware with a corporation that she owned to avoid paying personal property taxes in Missouri. The plane was in a hanger in St louis for her to use it on some trips. To make a long story short it cost her $288,000.00 in back taxes when she was caught.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:56 AM   #39

Did not the secretary of state do same with a large yacht?

It is one thing for government to create taxes...We need the things that the constitution requires the government to do and we are the government too for those...

But some in government create sillier things to spend money on that requires more of our money so they create ways of taking it ...then these same folks cheat the system they created then have the nerve to blame us for complaining of high taxes on stupid things...

Ca has one of the highest gas taxes and bad roads...actually had a proposition that passed on the ballot to force government yo actually use gas tax for what the law required them to use it for...

Made it not legal to illegally spend the monies...

Still messed up...

But we need that train...

Our coach is only about 100 a year.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:18 AM   #40

Tiffin Owners Club
He did, when senator from MA with his multi million $ yacht docked in RI. When he got caught his mouth piece said "we reached out to the MA Board of Finance"...please.
I see where CA is crankin up the "Cash for Clunker" program again to include 80's cars. Hey...if the $$ is there, they'll find a way to spend it. And when its ''not there they'll find a tax to get it
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 04:10 PM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwedgemaine View Post
Does anyone know if there are states ythat ou can register you Class A in without living their, that is reasonable cost wise ?
My town in Maine hits you with a very high Excise Tax every year plus a high Registration fee.
...and remember advalorem Tax.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:00 PM   #42

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
Lol, why do people always bring up California when taxes are mentioned?

We have a surplus in California. That program is for 1995 and older polluters that have failed the smog test, whose owners meet certain lower income levels. Voters agreed that we prefer this to having polluted air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post
I see where CA is crankin up the "Cash for Clunker" program again to include 80's cars. Hey...if the $$ is there, they'll find a way to spend it. And when its ''not there they'll find a tax to get it
Johnitis is offline   Reply With Quote