Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2016, 11:52 PM   #43

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
But you know the old adage: "You get what you pay for." We live in California just north of the Golden Gate, in one of the most beautiful spots in the world. We're the butt of every tax joke, yet the overwhelming majority of us are happy and like our government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
Unfortunately, in my state (RI), the fuel tax goes into the general treasury and is spent elsewhere, i.e., not on roads and bridges. One of the many things I find frustrating. Conversely, we are 1/2 mile from the ocean and the waves lull me to sleep at night in the summer so its hard to simply pick up and move elsewhere. I would find it a lot less frustrating if the state government wasn't such a mess but the same people always seem to be re-elected so change is not in the future from what I can see.
Johnitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2016, 12:46 AM   #44

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
Lol, ok. It is cherry picking season.

It's not 1776, and Ben Franklin would be cross with you. No assistance to widows, orphans, the disabled, the out of work? What about a town devastated by a tornado, or a state underwater? Nothing to figure out why white women are dieing at an alarming rate in the rural Midwest? Zika? SARS? Nothing for the study of helping the decimated forest recover in Snoquamish? Nothing for the maintenance of National Parks and National Monuments? No taxes? Come on, man.

You do have an obligation to pay taxes. We have an obligation to turn you in if you don't.

Anarchy is never in the best interests of those who really pay taxes, and anarchists usually need tax money to survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
1st it is not my problem or obligation TO PAY SOMEONE ELSE'S WAY! Unless they are my own family.

2nd it is NOT anyone's duty to pay confiscatory taxes

3rd Do you know we never had an income tax before 1913? (Except 1861-1872 to pay for the Civil War)

4th Highways are SUPPOSED to be paid by the 47-87 cents/gal FUEL TAXES.

5th Paying a sales tax on a USED item is DOUBLE TAXATION.

6th EXCISE TAX is also double taxation and is nothing more than the government STEALING from you.

7th I assure you I can find MILLIONS of dollars in your state budget wasted on CRAP, fraud and waste. Dont even get me started on money given to free loaders and NON CITIZENS.

I can go on and on here brother because I have spent many years trying to put an end to it esp at the federal level. Sadly far too many people just accept it and do NOTHING about it. Worse, they KNOW nothing about it either.
Johnitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:43 AM   #45

It is always interesting when this topic comes up as to the twists and turns the discussion takes. The range goes from "I don't want to pay any taxes" to "I pay more than my share of taxes and love it." The question the OP asked was not political and he/she just wanted some info about registration.

Besides the invariable political turn, there's the implication that those who don't pay sales tax are tax cheats. The reality is that if someone utilizes the existing law to avoid, not evade, paying a tax, there is nothing illegal about the tactic. If someone doesn't like the way the law is structured and want it changed, so that everyone pays a tax no matter what, then contact your state legislator and get the laws changed.

I have been dealing with federal, state, and local taxes from a professional standpoint for over 40 years. Taxes are complex. Much of that complexity is caused by an attempt to be fair to all. Added to that is the myriad of social legislation within the various tax codes and you have what seems like an impossible mess. That's why the OP's question is a valid one and one that can not be answered without the OP doing some pretty in depth research.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:25 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
It is always interesting when this topic comes up as to the twists and turns the discussion takes. The range goes from "I don't want to pay any taxes" to "I pay more than my share of taxes and love it." The question the OP asked was not political and he/she just wanted some info about registration.

Besides the invariable political turn, there's the implication that those who don't pay sales tax are tax cheats. The reality is that if someone utilizes the existing law to avoid, not evade, paying a tax, there is nothing illegal about the tactic. If someone doesn't like the way the law is structured and want it changed, so that everyone pays a tax no matter what, then contact your state legislator and get the laws changed.

I have been dealing with federal, state, and local taxes from a professional standpoint for over 40 years. Taxes are complex. Much of that complexity is caused by an attempt to be fair to all. Added to that is the myriad of social legislation within the various tax codes and you have what seems like an impossible mess. That's why the OP's question is a valid one and one that can not be answered without the OP doing some pretty in depth research.

You nailed it again my friend.
phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote