Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2015, 08:49 PM   #1

Remodeling Shop

Can anyone recommend a shop that can do some interior remodeling on my Ventana? Nothing huge but would like to replace one of my couches with two recliners and a center table between them. Take television from from front and put it in a pop up assembly behind remaining couch, replace carpet, and finally replace both driver and passenger seats. I am looking for someone in upstate NY, PA, Ohio, or New England, any recommendations?

HWH Active Air Suspension 2014 Wrangler
DRL1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2015, 09:39 PM   #2

There is such a specialty shop in the SE, but can't remember name or location. I've seen it posted on a irv2.com forum.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:50 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Try Connecticut Motor Cars. I've heard they do good work.

Connecticut Motor Cars & Coaches | Authorized Tiffin Motorhome Service Center

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:08 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
If you would consider going a little further west from Ohio to Elkhart In
there are several shops in that area that do custom work . One I can recommend
is Mastertech RV , Holiday Pl , Elkhart In.. BTW elkhart is just 600 mi from
upstate NY
Old 08-02-2015, 06:47 AM   #5

Caledonia RV in western NY does excellent work. Don the owner will personally supervise the project. They replaced all 3 of our TV'S with flat screens, reducing the head banger and increasing the clearance in the bedroom. Woodwork is perfect. They removed our dinnete, replacing with a table & chairs. Using the old table they created an "L" extension in the kitchen, greatly increasing counter space. It is removable for travel. They also removed the strange little diamond mirrors throughout the coach, replacing them with wooden accents. Can't tell the difference between old and new wood. If you can't tell I highly recommend them.
TheQuades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL1950 View Post
Can anyone recommend a shop that can do some interior remodeling on my Ventana? Nothing huge but would like to replace one of my couches with two recliners and a center table between them. Take television from from front and put it in a pop up assembly behind remaining couch, replace carpet, and finally replace both driver and passenger seats. I am looking for someone in upstate NY, PA, Ohio, or New England, any recommendations?
You don't need a remodeling shop to replace a couch, and replace with recliners. I did it by removing the couch and buying two LazBoy recliners. The backs come off the recliners to make it easy to put in the coach. Anyway I didn't have to do that, the guys who delivered them did it. I can't help with the TV mod in the N.E. I had the same thing done 1 1/2yrs. ago in FL. If you can, I'd recommend finding a place with an in house carpentry shop.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:47 AM   #7

We have been discussing something similar. The position of the TV over the dash is uncomfortable to watch so I was thinking of removing the couch and installing two recliners on the driver's side and then removing the recliner on the passenger side and installing a fireplace with the TV that retracts inside. Don't think it is too hard to do yourself, although extra hands would be required for initial placement of the furniture inside the coach.

vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remodel