Our remote door lock had stopped working. The compartments locked and unlocked so I assumed it was not the controller or the key fob. For anyone else with this problem here is what I found. Our rig is a Winnebago but I would guess many are similar.
The connection from the coach is two small spring loaded brass balls (no not like on a monkey) about the size of a pea that touch when the door is closed. Some people have fixed the problem by simply cleaning them, no such luck for us. Got out my VOM (volt ohm meter) and looked toward the door, nothing, open circuit. I expected to see some resistance. Just for fun I looked back toward the coach with the VOM set to volts, hit the remote and it flashed 13V. So that is how you can see if the coach is supplying power to the lock.
The back side of the brass balls are just small bolts. Connected to them are crimp on bullet connectors that push on. Red so I think that makes them 22-18ga. They just push on the bolts. From there the wires to to a small connector near the lock then to two more female then male bullet connectors near the solenoid that moves the door lock. Blue so they are 16-14ga.
After taking the inside panel off the door, easy to do by just removing all the screws, I started looking for a broken wire or loose connection. I tugged on the wire and redid the connections then bingo (so I thought) I can see resistance looking toward the door. Reassembled and it worked! Well for a week or so.
The second try I learned my lesson. Check all the connections and close the door without putting the panel back. Slam it a couple of times. Yup it didn't work again. Off to Radio Shack for new bullet connectors. I replaced all of the wire and the connectors leaving out the proprietary connector in the middle. Door slam tested and reassembled. Still good so far.
Sorry about the windy story but I thought I would share the pain