Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2014, 02:29 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Our MH was supposed to be w/d ready. I removed the false wall, and surprise, surprise, all that was back there was access to the plumbing, you'd have to cut and plumb in the t's and valves. So in order to take advantage of the space, a full six inches in depth was now available for the new shelves. It's better used for storage.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2014, 02:40 PM   #16

For you that don't want a RD, you certainly don't take long trips. Weekenders don't need them. We use ours all the time. Better than sitting in a laundry room waiting for the stuff to get dry. Plus the cost. I once thought it would be a good idea to buy a RV park. When I inquired about it, I found that the rv park made $50,000 on the laundry room each year.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:20 PM   #17

I think the W/D is one of the best features and would not be without. There are far more better things to do rather than carry clothing to and from a laundry room and wait for machines and hope some are available and that they are clean !
If I ever found the need to remove something from the coach to make more room for stuff, I think I might have to much stuff.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:52 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
I think it has to do with how you use your RV. We have only been RVing for 3 seasons. Our 5th wheel was prep'd for w/d in one of the bedroom closets. There was no way we were going to sacrifice closet space for what we could do after we got home from a trip. Our new rig has a w/d and we are discussing removing them. We may feel differently after I am retired and we can hit the road for longer trips. For now, she is thinking that extra pantry space would be more valuable than a w/d. Of course we would leave the infastructure in place, in the event we trade or change our minds.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:50 AM   #19
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
I think it has to do with how you use your RV. We have only been RVing for 3 seasons. Our 5th wheel was prep'd for w/d in one of the bedroom closets. There was no way we were going to sacrifice closet space for what we could do after we got home from a trip. Our new rig has a w/d and we are discussing removing them. We may feel differently after I am retired and we can hit the road for longer trips. For now, she is thinking that extra pantry space would be more valuable than a w/d. Of course we would leave the infastructure in place, in the event we trade or change our minds.

I agree. We had a 5er for 10 years that was prepped for a W/D, but didn't really see the need. Now that we are retired (and getting ready for a 1-year fulltiming trial run) we consider the W/D an essential item!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 03:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by benedicttw View Post
We have had our rv with washer dryer for 4 years. We have used it twice. We are looking to remove it and add more storage. Has any one done this and what have you done. Please post pics if you have any. Thanks.
I have with my old RV, I turn my extra space into additional closet for my son & his wife. We didn't used it anyway, & after all worries r off, I'm going to do that to the one I have. U can get any racks for ur closet from Lowes cheaper than Camping World, unless u have a gift card for Camping World. Oh, u will need to reinforced the walls for the extra weight from the clothes. Not hard at all. Good luck on what ever you do & Merry Christmas, my friend! ��
Old 12-24-2014, 03:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitloft View Post
I have with my old RV, I turn my extra space into additional closet for my son & his wife. We didn't used it anyway, & after all worries r off, I'm going to do that to the one I have. U can get any racks for ur closet from Lowes cheaper than Camping World, unless u have a gift card for Camping World. Oh, u will need to reinforced the walls for the extra weight from the clothes. Not hard at all. Good luck on what ever you do & Merry Christmas, my friend! ��
Thanks for the ideas. I think I.m going to install several pull out drawers. Will give me a reason the learn how to make drawers. There are already doors to cover the washer so most on the finish work is done. Just need to figure out a way the frame in for the support of the drawers.
This is a winter project now that I have her stored in the garage attached to the house for the first time.
Thanks for all the input.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:21 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
My DW feels the same way. It is used every day.

Don
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:53 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
My D/W would remove me before her washer/dryer. She uses it just about every day...little loads that keep her ahead of the dirty laundry.
Amen to that. DW loves it, no more laundry mats.
The two of us and Kota, a 25 lbs Teddy Bear breed, makes three. Living the life in a 41 Fleetwood Providence pulling a Ford F150. Our trip of a lifetime 2014 Alaska all the way to Fairbanks. unbelievable beauty . as you go by.
nbargolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 05:20 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitloft View Post
First, u need to buy u some 1 X 3's OR 2 X 4's MOBILE HOME BROADS specialty for MH only. Second, u will nneed to take down the inside wall. Yes they will be difficult, but with patience u will get it done. Three, while the walls r down, check out the plumbing. Our water lines were lose, & rubbing the electrical wires. We fixed that, before we continue converting the w/d into a storage closet. Also, made a extra receptacle plug for inside the bedroom. So, this is the time when u can do anything u need while u have the walls off. Okay, now u have put ur walls back in place, & start to install ur drawers. U will have enough room to add a rack hanger above the drawers where u can hang shirts, & other things that u don't used regularly, like plastic fishing pants. Also on top of the hanger rack u can put a shelf to store even more. Don't take off ur outside doors except to remake the walks. These doors will keep everything out of site. Besides they're pretty to look at, & if u ever trade it in for another one, u can put everything back for a washer & dryer. See, u have to keep in mind that u may trade it back in for another one. Belive me that space has so much room for a lot of things! I also made on one side a broom holder for my broom & vacuum in there. Good luck on ur project!
Old 12-27-2014, 11:49 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
If the price is right I'll buy and pick up.. DW loves the w/d stackers in our 5er. It will be the next mod for the RV plus dishwasher.

T Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage