Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2018, 04:35 PM   #1

Removed bedroom tv

We don't watch tv in bed, and it didn't work so out the old crt beast came. What have others done with the space? a lot of storage ideas I am sure; let's hear them. THX TB
TANDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2018, 04:46 PM   #2

We removed ours which was an old tube type. Purchased two doors from an RV Salvage site in Montpelier, Indiana. They were unfinished. I added henges and latches. Easy to match finish. Now have a large deep storage cabinet big enough for extra pillows, sheets and blankets.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:17 PM   #3

TAND-

Our cabinet now holds linens and "the library," which are books we carry. Old school, I know. I installed a ventilated shelf in the cabinet. I am looking for an alternative location for the books, as the linens seem to take up more space than anticipated.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANDD View Post
We don't watch tv in bed, and it didn't work so out the old crt beast came. What have others done with the space? a lot of storage ideas I am sure; let's hear them. THX TB
We finished the inside of the cavity with matching wood. Put in a shelf and then bought six matching "baskets" to hold our socks, undies excess toiletries, etc.. Easy to get to, no doors to swing or slide, no hassle.

We "picture framed" the hole with similar wood so it all looks finished.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:08 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANDD View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3291.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	217674
This is the front tv, you could do the same but use a cabinet door instead of a flat screen tv for the access door.
pace89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pace89 View Post
Attachment 217674
This is the front tv, you could do the same but use a cabinet door instead of a flat screen tv for the access door.
I mounted an oscillating fan and Himalayan salt lamp in the space.
datsun78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:04 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
When we threw out the CRT & put a LED TV on the wall above the window, we could use that space for storing the remotes, nightstand clocks, fire extinguisher & the library of DVD's for the bedroom. Installed a small shelf on the top to hold the Blu-ray player.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:17 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
When we threw out the CRT & put a LED TV on the wall above the window, we could use that space for storing the remotes, nightstand clocks, fire extinguisher & the library of DVD's for the bedroom. Installed a small shelf on the top to hold the Blu-ray player.

Lori-
Removed ours, finished inside and added matching doors/hardware. Works great, but if I had to do it over I would have not covered over electrical outlet. Not a showstopper just 20/20 hindsight.
Good luck
JPO1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:22 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Yes. Since we wanted a DVD player for the bedroom plus still had to have a place to plug in the TV, we cut out for the receptacle when we put the paneling in the back.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote