Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2015, 02:03 PM   #1

Removing Norcold 1200 Fridge from 03 Adventurer

Sorry if already a thread on this, searched and didn't find one....my first thread here, but have gotten a ton of help from the site! My norcold 1201 lost it's cooling unit, have new one enroute.... Followed directions they gave me and watched videos found here on forum. All is going well to the point of actually removing the unit from the wall....the top of unit is loose and is coming out an inch or so,, the bottom doesn't seem to want to come at all...found 4 mounting screws outside access panel and removed...don't see anything else to hold it. Am I missing something, or does it just need a good push from outside? thanks in advance!
Yumavol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2015, 02:40 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
I don't know about your particular installation, but on my Itasca there were two large metal brackets on either side at the bottom rear. It required removing two bolts on either side with a 9/16" socket before the bottom would move. They were well back inside the rear access compartment and were a little difficult to get to.

Just my findings, other may vary.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:08 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
On mine, there were two large wood screws, screwed in at a 45 degree angle at the bottom corners of the refer. These are located at the back of the refer, accessed through the outside door.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:54 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to boursim
I have removed 6 wood screws, three at the to and three at the bottom) around the front "trim" of the fridge. I also removed 4 bolts similar to what LT Dan has described above, I can't seem to find anything more to remove and the fridge wont move. Please let me know if someone has found something else that need to be removed to facilitate the removal of the fridge.
boursim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 04:28 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
As a thought, if you haven't, you might put a screw driver of small pry bar under the front base and try prying a bit. Maybe it is simply "age adhered" to the floor. If it doesn't budge then you know you still have a screw or bolt or two to find.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boursim View Post
I have removed 6 wood screws, three at the to and three at the bottom) around the front "trim" of the fridge. I also removed 4 bolts similar to what LT Dan has described above, I can't seem to find anything more to remove and the fridge wont move. Please let me know if someone has found something else that need to be removed to facilitate the removal of the fridge.
I found that ciderdog's comment was spot on! was able to get a pry bar under left corner and after a little wiggling, it came loose! I'll bet it's just stuck. good luck
Old 08-08-2015, 10:02 AM   #7

OK I'll try that, and give feed back Thanks
Old 08-15-2015, 01:19 PM   #8

OK, I have tried with no luck. I have removed the 4 bolts from the back bracket. I have also removed the
"6 wood screws, three at the top and three at the bottom) around the front "trim" of the fridge."
I have tried prying the front base with no luck. I have used straps to try to "unstuck the fridge" no luck

Yumavol you mention : "found 4 mounting screws outside access panel" are those different from the 4 bolts I am talking about? If so, where did you see them?

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:44 AM   #9

No it sounds like the same 4 bolts Only thing that sounds different is my trim had 5 screws on both top and bottom. Good luck
Old 08-16-2015, 08:02 AM   #10

Quote:
OK, I have tried with no luck. I have removed the 4 bolts from the back bracket. I have also removed the
"6 wood screws, three at the top and three at the bottom) around the front "trim" of the fridge."
I have tried prying the front base with no luck. I have used straps to try to "unstuck the fridge" no luck

Yumavol you mention : "found 4 mounting screws outside access panel" are those different from the 4 bolts I am talking about? If so, where did you see them?

Thanks.
On my '05 Adventurer, I had to remove the roof fridge vent to remove a bracket that was attached to the top of the fridge and side wall. Can't see this bracket unless the roof vent is removed.

I guess its a Winebago roll over bracket!!!
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:23 AM   #11

My 1200 fridge did not have any extra attachments on top or back. This perhaps varies from company to company. I did have to use a slim crow bar to get the unit to budge from the opening. Once i loosened it up, we were able to shimmy it out in very small even increments. Good luck
Old 08-17-2015, 07:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor3000 View Post
On my '05 Adventurer, I had to remove the roof fridge vent to remove a bracket that was attached to the top of the fridge and side wall. Can't see this bracket unless the roof vent is removed.

I guess its a Winebago roll over bracket!!!

Thanks for the tip, I'll check this and get back, I have a winnebago too.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, I'll check this and get back, I have a winnebago too.
You only have to remove the cap, not the vent base.
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:27 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor3000 View Post
You only have to remove the cap, not the vent base.
OK Thanks.

Tags
norcold, vent, fridge