Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2011, 09:25 AM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Renting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger429 View Post
Rent it? Hell I won't let my family use it. Sorry but it is just to much risk and money to let someone use my stuff.
Hell Iam so anal family and friends don't ask. I don't like leaving our MH with service people.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Interesting post; Renting; I would like to share our experiance with you;; Over a 4 year time period; The dealer told us , buy the coach Rent it out and in 2 years it will be paid for by renters;;;;That should have been a Red flag;; First I will not get into brand names; that's not important; We tryed to rent ourselves. Not good. As most renters will pay $50.00 or $100.00 to have you clean up the coach/comode; And they leave it Filthy in a weekend. We had a rental place do the work for us, WRONG; they charged us for oil change and lube; over a years peroid of time I had to relign the front end . Replace the steps, And a list of things that were broken or stolen, They had taken a trip to Alaska, Which we OKED. however they did not tell us they were going on a carabou hunt and the fridge was going to packed full of meat with blood seeping out on the floor. leaving a smell the only appiered after 6 weeks; Any way the oil/lube, When I had the coach I thought I would service IT ; When iI removed the filter; I found it was the same one I had Installed Over a year ago., Having been taken to the cleaners; I allways With a scribe, Scratch the date into the filter;; {My Opion is} Some renters would make PIGS look very clean.. The bottom line , We canceled our vecation. because our coach was so filthy, Man that hurts;; Life is good ; even with the users out there;;

Old 01-15-2011, 05:28 PM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron View Post
Hell Iam so anal family and friends don't ask. I don't like leaving our MH with service people.
The service people are good at wrecking steps.
J
Old 01-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I find it hard to believe that this thread still has life. Would anybody really rent their FURNISHED home to a stranger, give them full run of the place for a weekend, and then move back in? I seriously doubt it. That's basically what your suggesting when you talk about renting your MH. Nobody else is sleeping on my mattress - period.
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
A friend of mine rented his Dutch Star to a guy for a week, the guy backed it into a pole the first day out. Not a pretty site, it never got fixed. He traded it for a Country Coach, never let it out of his sight.
J
Old 01-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #34

I would not rent my wife and I not renting my rv don't need the money that bad.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
I would consider renting mine is SHE was really really cute and did not mind sharing with me since I am a fulltimer. She would also be considerate of where I wanted to travel.
WeBeGone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #36

I have a lot of rental properties. That is our sole business and there is no way I would rent our MH out.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:37 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHammr' View Post
Anyone do this ??

I have considered it on occasion to offset the costs of it sitting here more than being on the road ..

I met one person last year when we were in Tennessee who has a half zillion dollar coach he rents "pretty regular and it's about the only way I can realistically afford to keep it"

I didnt pry into the in and outs of it all ..

On the one hand it would be nice , would definitely be a business ..

On the other hand , well ewe know the other hand ...

Yuk, Yikes, , , , , , , no way! Did I make that clear?
Old 01-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by f14av8r View Post
I find it hard to believe that this thread still has life. Would anybody really rent their FURNISHED home to a stranger, give them full run of the place for a weekend, and then move back in? I seriously doubt it. That's basically what your suggesting when you talk about renting your MH. Nobody else is sleeping on my mattress - period.
We have rented our home for the last 14 years, for the Masters golf tournament. The worst experience that we have had, is some spilled red wine. Renting the motor home is a different thing. Way to much liability!

Call me crazy!
Old 01-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
I had already decided against this well before posting it .. We have rental properties too and no way I would rent the MH ..

Was merely curious as to anyones experiences with it ..