Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2018, 07:02 PM   #71

Just let the thread die......those that rent, can, and those of us that wouldn't, can get back to a civil thread....and away from the rudeness...there are other threads that need more attention...
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2018, 07:22 PM   #72

Personally I would never consider renting or loaning my MH to anyone other than perhaps my son. He is as well versed in the care of of an RV as I am as he has been exposed to RV's since he was three years old. This was in 1977.
I have let him use it for a week at a time when he and my two grandchildren camped at a campground less then twenty five miles away. I drove it up there so he would have his truck to take day trips in and at the end of the stay I went back and drove the MH home. It was spotless and the tanks were drained, rinsed and prepped for a short storage break. The outside was washed and he had even used the black streak remover I had stored in the MH. The awning was sparkling clean too top and underside. He said the kids wanted to surprise Papa.
I consider our MH personal property just like our house. I have certain personal items I don't want just anyone to be fiddling with. I'm pretty much the same with anything I own. My son has access to everything I own and never has to ask to use anything. I know where it is and how it will be treated. Never a worry. If I have a problem he is the first there to lend a hand. That is the way it should be. If he has a problem I'm usually the first on the scene to lend a hand.
I can't or won't expect a total stranger to do this.
Lynn
Old 06-24-2018, 09:31 PM   #73

In 20 or so years of reading and posting in internet forums, this is one of the stupidest threads I've ever seen.

OP Q: Anyone out there have any experience renting out there MH?

Almost all replies: I'd never do that.

That's not an answer to the question.

To the OP, I haven't owned mine long enough to rent it, but I won't rule it out as an option. A buddy of mine paid off his class C years ago by renting it out. They kept a separate set of linens, towels, utensils, etc. for renters and one for themselves. He rented it himself and not through an agency, so he personally met every renter. It worked out well for him, but might not for everyone.

If someone asked me if they could rent my MH, I would give it serious thought.
WyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome