Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #15
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
Too many similarities between RV and boat owners. On the water, it's the guy that has a DIW boat several miles offshore, so you tow him all the way in that kills several hours, then help him get the boat on his trailer, and when he pulls the trailer out of the water....keeps on truckin'
Sounds like a RV repair tech out enjoying his boat.

mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2014, 04:58 AM   #16
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
Sorry to hear about your problem, and I agree that a court couldn't do much for you because there's no way to prove that the motor was DOA, or whether something else killed both the original and replacement motors.

Have you taken the dead motor into a rebuild shop to have them bench-test it?
Already diagnosed the problem. You can see where he repaired the ground. I'm having it properly repaired as a spare.. Live and learn. I've gotten pretty smart on this unit and I've been able to do most of the maintenance myself. This forum has also been very helpful in diagnosing and finding good sources for repairs.

Obiwan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:35 AM   #17
"Red" was recommended by a reputable RV repair company that did not service the area where the RV I wished to buy was located. I simply wanted a pre-purchase inspection. He missed allot of stuff that cost me money. This was my first RV purchase and I wanted a professional to determine any potential problems. He was not professional and I would never recommend him either.
Mcm9970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:19 AM   #18
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by ZOOKER View Post
Rip offs.. many in the rv field. If you are in the kansas city area be warned. The mobile guy from independence, mo. will leave you hi and dry...all the time telling you how good he is. Seemed like a nice guy had him fix some things but he had to return and to fix again telling me he could fix in his sleep? Well found he couldn't even fix it when he was awake. Not recommended will not even return calls or fix something that was under his so called warranty after spending $2k+ Noticed he has 3 different company names. Lesson learned.
I used "RV Anywhere Mobile RV Service in Independence, Missouri" and they did a good job except there are a few wrinkles in the new rubber roof they put on along the side, but I can live with them.

They did good work for the most part for everything they did on my two RV's.
1995 COACHMEN Santara 350FL on a 1994 Ford F53
subford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #19
National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am glad you posted here, as I live about 15 or 16 miles from Thomaston and am old enough that I no longer can do all my RV work. So a BIG thank you to you
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #20
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If he sold you a used product as new.. You may well have a case in court (not sure if it will be magistrates or high court though).. (Also not sure how good a case,, You need professional advice on that issue).

True story: Man doing some landscaping for my dad did not finish the job.. Many voice mails, none returend, last was from the family lawyer (my Sister) "You will get out there and finish the job or I'll know why".

She now knows why: police broke his door in and found him dead of natural causes, they returned the call.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #21
Def RV service reviews....Post it there ASAP....
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #22
It is a shame that many RV'ers need to count on those that are mechanicly inclined to make repairs. It is a different shame of those that take advantage of them.
Don and Nancy
[2014 40QBH Phaeton, 2015 Buick Enclave, 2yr old sisters Sara n Kaycee, Havanese, Two Segways
djbmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:42 PM   #23
Court may not do anything but consumer affairs maybe or police.

If used sold as new then that is a crime.

Most states require license and insurance to operate a buisiness.

If that business involves touching customer owned property then it usually requires additional permit or license.

So call your local police and insist on filing a report as $700.00 is not chump change.

Next check with city hall for license and work your way up.

You may not get your money back but he may be stopped.

He may be forced to refund your bill.

Costs you nothing but your time and things like this are why the agencies are there.

Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is online now   Reply With Quote