Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2014, 07:14 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to alluran
Replace Bathroom Carpet

We have a 2004 Monaco Diplomat 40' and would like to change out the carpet in the aft bathroom, but all of the carpet is under the cabinetry and down the side by the bathtub, has any one tried to replace it?? the only part that concerns me is the part next to the tub getting the old carpet out.

Alan

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #2

Why in the world would anyone put carpet in a bathroom? replace it with tile or linoleum.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:02 PM   #3

This will be the oddest reply ever......but, why take it out. Why not trace out the configuration of your small bathroom (if in fact it is small like mine), then go buy a few feet of linoleum or whatever you want to lay down in the bath, cut it to fit and then lay it over the carpet. Slip the front edge under one of those metal looking strips that holds carpet down at door entrance so you won't trip over the edge of it.

Cheap goofy solution but might just work and be an answer in an old MH like my new '85 Vogue which also has carpet in bathroom. If I don't do something like that, the carpet will be soaked in pee quickly as I continue to miss that tiny little toilet that is in MHs. Even at home I sometimes spray the walls, floor, and even myself and anyone standing too close to me. Like I always say, getting old is no fun at times.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SissyBoyBob View Post
This will be the oddest reply ever......but, why take it out. Why not trace out the configuration of your small bathroom (if in fact it is small like mine), then go buy a few feet of linoleum or whatever you want to lay down in the bath, cut it to fit and then lay it over the carpet. Slip the front edge under one of those metal looking strips that holds carpet down at door entrance so you won't trip over the edge of it. Cheap goofy solution but might just work and be an answer in an old MH like my new '85 Vogue which also has carpet in bathroom. If I don't do something like that, the carpet will be soaked in pee quickly as I continue to miss that tiny little toilet that is in MHs. Even at home I sometimes spray the walls, floor, and even myself and anyone standing too close to me. Like I always say, getting old is no fun at times.
Yes, I think you won the oddest reply prize
Old 04-19-2014, 09:04 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SissyBoyBob View Post
This will be the oddest reply ever......but, why take it out. Why not trace out the configuration of your small bathroom (if in fact it is small like mine), then go buy a few feet of linoleum or whatever you want to lay down in the bath, cut it to fit and then lay it over the carpet. Slip the front edge under one of those metal looking strips that holds carpet down at door entrance so you won't trip over the edge of it.

Cheap goofy solution but might just work and be an answer in an old MH like my new '85 Vogue which also has carpet in bathroom. If I don't do something like that, the carpet will be soaked in pee quickly as I continue to miss that tiny little toilet that is in MHs. Even at home I sometimes spray the walls, floor, and even myself and anyone standing too close to me. Like I always say, getting old is no fun at times.
If I were you I would just sit down to pee.....
Old 04-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuppert View Post
If I were you I would just sit down to pee.....
That is the problem with these tiny MH toilets. When I sit on them, my rear takes up all of the small opening and it is impossible for me to point it down and fit it inside the rim of the toilet. If I try to do #1 & 2 at the same time, it is like giving myself a shower. Quite a dilemma.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:18 PM   #7

I may have too follow this thread just to read the smart ass comments by SBB 😜
Old 04-19-2014, 10:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by macantic View Post
Why in the world would anyone put carpet in a bathroom? replace it with tile or linoleum.
x2!!! who would ever put carpet in a bathroom
Old 04-20-2014, 08:13 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
cut the carpet with a utility knife and some new blades. Quite often, there is an access panel for the engine there and generally that is not the same elevation as the main floor.
As for adding a piece of vinyl on top of carpet~ As a professional, I won't even comment on that
Old 04-20-2014, 10:20 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to alluran
Bathroom carpet

Thanks all.

But the carpet in the 2004 Monaco aft bathroom is over the engine and the back wardrobe that is a step not just a flat piece plus has two boors to access the engine. To lay ceramic tile would be a pain and vinyl over the carpet is out. But thanks for the suggestions. (I THINK)

Tags
replace