Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2014, 07:08 AM   #1

Replace diamond shield with wrap

Anybody think about covering their dis colored diamond shield with a wrap.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2014, 08:44 AM   #2

Not me. I couldn't get it off fast enough. I had it professionally removed without any damage whatsoever. Now looking to have color matching Rhino Lining sprayed on.

Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:57 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I went the bra route. Removed the DS, repainted the front. Had a bra made for the coach. Been happy ever since.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:13 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
I went the bra route. Removed the DS, repainted the front. Had a bra made for the coach. Been happy ever since.
Gary,
We just got our first HM & it comes with the DS. Wondering about a bra for our Tiffin Allegro. Where did you have yours made?
Old 11-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #5

Same for us. We removed the DS and repainted. Maybe a bra is the answer. We had a bra on a Revolution and it was great. Required frequent removal and getting the junk off of the felt, but it was worth it.
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Caswelld,
Wade RV made the bra for my coach. They are inside the Lazy Days dealership in Seffner, Florida. This is just east of Tampa on I4. I am very pleased with their work. One needs to take the coach to them. You can stay at the Lazy Days CG and they will come to you). Go to Wade RV | Seffner, FL | Located On Site at Lazydays | Sun Screens, Custom Window Graphics, Dashboard Mats, Front Masks, Wheel Covers, Entry Mats, Step Mats, Upholstery, Vinyl Repair and check them out.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #7

Have used the "Bra" on several coaches and when they are sold the front looks as good as the day we bought it. Ordered our new Phaeton without the DS and Wade RV made it and installed it for $600
Old 11-23-2014, 05:50 AM   #8

Diamond shield

My question was.....anybody consider not removing the DS but putting a wrap over it....save the pain of DS. Removal
Thanks
Old 11-23-2014, 06:19 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Just curious .....why go through the expense of removing the DS if you are going to cover it with a bra?
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:06 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Hi dsbike,
For me, it is because the DS looks terrible and spoils the entire coach appearance. We have moved from touring to semi stationary motor coaching. We park for a month or more between moves. During this time I remove the bra and clean it as well as the coach exterior.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:17 AM   #11

I've seen some horrible looking front ends with DS. Mine had mold starting, and when it starts it can't be stopped. It's best to just get it off and look for an alternative.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:21 AM   #12

Had my Diamond Shield replaced, and I loved it. But that love didn't last long. Getting those bugs off now doesn't help either. I must have been out to lunch when I made that decision.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:42 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi dsbike,
For me, it is because the DS looks terrible and spoils the entire coach appearance. We have moved from touring to semi stationary motor coaching. We park for a month or more between moves. During this time I remove the bra and clean it as well as the coach exterior.
That makes sense, I didn't give that a thought. I am not looking forward to the day mine needs removed, it is on my 2013 Journey.
I had DS on my Mazda MX5, it started to deteriorate under warranty. Had it removed at my expense, about $150 then DS paid to have it reinstalled. But the shop that did the work used a different brand that looks much better & carries a 6 yr warranty. Most likely I won't have the car after 10 years. But here it is almost 3 years later & it still looks like the day it was installed.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 06:51 AM   #14

Here's what I was told by DS when I was in the process of having my mold infested DS removed. They now offer a lifetime warranty.....BUT, if it ever goes bad they'll replace it, but will not be liable for any paint damage in the removal process. Not to mention the inconvenience of having to take it somewhere to have the work done. I was lucky in that I didn't have any paint damage, but a guy parked near me who tried to do it himself to save a few bucks had to have the front repainted.

Tags
replace