Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2014, 11:33 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Did you call Trimark? The attached file shows on the second page that it is available in chrome finish, interior is white. They may have discontinued the chrome finish and have not update the information.

Chuck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 030-0900_Rev7.pdf (845.1 KB, 64 views)
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2014, 05:44 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
Unfortunatley the one we have is like the TriMark (030-0900 mtorhome entrance door hardware with dead bolt) on their web page and does not come in chrome. I don't see any that would substitute for the size of ours.
Oh crud for you. Next try might be a chrome plating shop. There are many around but it might be cheaper just to repaint the thing.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:41 AM   #17

So today, as on other wimdy days, I go to open the door with something in my hand and can't keep the door from slamming against the side of the coach while doing it one handed. Does anyone know where I can buy a door latch which has a twist handle one can hold on to instead of the flip up?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140224_113300.png
Views:	158
Size:	385.5 KB
ID:	56854

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140224_113402.png
Views:	132
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	56855
Old 02-25-2014, 05:34 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Falcor, have you looked at other RVs? Mine has a good handle to grip on the inside. Yours looks like a trailer lock assembly. Consider going to a RV store with a good supply of replacement handles and choose the assembly you want. You may have to do some creative modifications of your door but I think it is doable.

Many of the coaches have a device on top of the door that limits the swing-out range. You might be able to install one of these also.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #19

This is on a Damon Challenger motor home. All factory original. The only one I recall that has a twist handle (besides buses) was Winnebago products.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:13 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
I have not been in enough other coaches to say you are correct or not. I know these assemblies are available through RV stores. I guess I am misunderstanding your idea of "twist handle". I was picturing a "D" handle. My interior door handle is a "L" and you pull up to unlatch the door. It is better in the wind that your style but not perfect. I have still had the door ripped out of my hand from time to time.

Try these folks and see if they may have a complete used assembly: Used RV Parts And Accessories | Visone RV Monaco Parts Dealer | rvparts.visonerv.com

I don't know what the price difference will be and it must be complete. If your door catch is like a car door with a pin to catch the door hook latch you should be able to retrofit it.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #21

Thanks. Will give em a try.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:51 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
here's where it takes me.
Me too.
NotSoBadBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, replace