Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2011, 08:16 AM   #29
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
You might be interested in this UV protector made for Michelin. It is interesting that it is the ONLY tire shine that is approved by Michelin. Mmmm they paid to have it made so they approve it. (lol) I bought two bottles of it at $7.99 a bottle which is not too bad. They tell you not to spray it on the tire but to spray it on a rag or sponge and wipe it onto the tire.

Michelin Wheel & Tire Care Products
You must have bought the last two bottles the link shows out of stock again, I went through this a month or two ago and Michelin told me when I called they had no idea when or if it would be produced again
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #30

They also said zero but I called X1-R and talked to Debra and she said she had some and sent it to me.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
You might be interested in this UV protector made for Michelin. It is interesting that it is the ONLY tire shine that is approved by Michelin. Mmmm they paid to have it made so they approve it. (lol) I bought two bottles of it at $7.99 a bottle which is not too bad. They tell you not to spray it on the tire but to spray it on a rag or sponge and wipe it onto the tire.

Michelin Wheel & Tire Care Products
I bought that stuff awhile ago and liked it but when I went to buy more they didn't sell it any more so I switched to Aerospace 303. The Michelin product is good because it's not petroleum based. The 303 isn't either and is more versatile(slide seals, roof) so I'm sticking with the 303.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #32

Well, good for you guys who got the great tire deals. None like that in Denver area, and I spent a whole day driving around looking for any deal. I console myself by remembering how much I am saving on my auto insurance by not going with those excessively TV advertised companies. It all comes out even somehow.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #33
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
They also said zero but I called X1-R and talked to Debra and she said she had some and sent it to me.
You are in fact as usual very correct, I messaged the company about this post and got a call back from Debbi in a matter of minutes. They have a very limited supply left on hand so I got my two bottles as well.

I was impressed with their service.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #34

I have used Aerospace 303 protectant on my Michelins for 8 years. No silicones or any chemical that will harm the tires. Had to replace the steer tires at 7 years, only because of cracking between the ribs on the thread. No sign of sidewall cracking on any of the tires. I always keep the majority of the load off the tires with the jacks when stored. Also keep tire covers on also. Never use Armorall or similar auto shine liquids on your RV tires. They will affect the rubber compound in the tires. I believe Camping World sells the 303. I have bought it it in the gallon jug. I think it is about $65 for a galon but will last for years. Wireman
Old 05-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #35

Were did you get the TOYO tires, I need some Now. Bill I am in Tx
pace6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #36

I dumped my Michelins and purchased 6 Toyo M154's 245/75R/22.5 tires for $1,900 out the door. They are excellent tires.

8.1 litre
simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:39 PM   #37

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by randco View Post
The Toyo's 245/75-22.5 are 10 millimeters or .3937 inches wider in the section width. This equates to roughly 3/16ths an inch per side. In total the rear duals would only be about 3/8 of an inch closer together than they are now.The Michelins had 7 years on them and a lot of sidewall cracks when I purchased the coach. The Michelin's were the first thing we changed out. We replaced the Michelin 275/80-22.5's with Toyo M147's in a 295/75-22.5Big difference in the ride.
What rims do you have? The 275's take a 7.5" wide rim the 295's take at least an 8.5" and maybe 9". The offset is different too. If you have the 7.5" rims and they mounted the 295's the rear tires may be "kissing".

I put 305/70 Michelins on the front of our rig and had to go to wider rims all around.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:06 AM   #38

i bought 2 michelins for the dront of my rv.530.00 each.i went and talked to a buddy of mine that runs a tire shop and he sold me 4 advanatage witch is a better tire for the price of 300 each he told me that all the truck drivers are buying them.i am glad i put them on my rv and i have a lot better ride.you can pay for the name or get a better tire.god bless buddy.
algotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:32 AM   #39
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by algotto View Post
i bought 2 michelins for the dront of my rv.530.00 each.i went and talked to a buddy of mine that runs a tire shop and he sold me 4 advanatage witch is a better tire for the price of 300 each he told me that all the truck drivers are buying them.i am glad i put them on my rv and i have a lot better ride.you can pay for the name or get a better tire.god bless buddy.
I almost don't want to comment on this as I've never heard of an Advantage tire, but I find it very difficult to believe they are better than Michelin.

As long as you are happy with them that's all that matters for you.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
I just purchased 6 new tires for my 2000 Holiday Rambler which had the original Michelins on it. only 44K miles and there were really no weathering problems we could see but I figured 12 year old tires was pushing my luck (they were mfg 1999). I was going to buy Michelins again but I was quoted an $800 difference with Toyos and after doing a lot of reseach I bought the Toyos. No regrets so far.
hhansen59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #41
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhansen59 View Post
I just purchased 6 new tires for my 2000 Holiday Rambler which had the original Michelins on it. only 44K miles and there were really no weathering problems we could see but I figured 12 year old tires was pushing my luck (they were mfg 1999). I was going to buy Michelins again but I was quoted an $800 difference with Toyos and after doing a lot of reseach I bought the Toyos. No regrets so far.
It's all a matter of personal choice and if your happy with them that's all that should matter to you.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:19 AM   #42

I just put six Toyo's on.........265R 75. 22.5............

They are the recommended replacements for Michelin XRV;s........They are the same rating as the Michelins, 14 ply steel radials, and the weight ratings are the same...........

My Michelins were 11 years old and had no noticeable tread wear, just a lot of sidewall cracking.......

The Toyos look great..............I haven't had a chance to drive them yet, but I think their going to work out fine......

I paid $2,550.00 for all six, mounted and balanced with liquid balance medium (One bottle per tire).............AND they came here to my campsite to install them........

The installer put 110 PSI in them and said if they feel harsh I can let out 10 pounds or so each if it helps them ride a little softer......

He also said Michelins have softer sidewalls in their RV tires to make them ride softer but that causes cracking on the sidewall more than the Toyos and because Michelin does that it causes zipper sidewall blow outs more often........

We'll see..........

John
johnboy545 is offline   Reply With Quote