Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy blase View Post
I for one wouldn't go ten years five to seven maybe I just put Toyos on mine and I was a michelin tire fan I am happy so far.
I don't know why you wouldn't when the manufacturer says they are good to 10. Mine are coming up on nine, have zero cracking and I'll keep them until 10 with no qualms whatsoever. I have to think that the maker of the tires is more an expert than we are and, considering the liability issues, would never recommend they be kept that long if they weren't safe.
golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #16

Hey Two2go,

That $385 is a very good price, jump on it while you can. After checking the date codes on the tires of course. Just replaced our front two and as we were leaving the RGV area of TX and headed to FL, I made a lot of calls along the route and found ours at under $400 each. Places in TX and LA had quoted me prices of close to $500 per tire. Plus the XRV is a true 'RV tire' and not a truck tire that happens to fit.

Bob
Old 04-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
FMCA is working on a deal with Michelin for members to buy at fleet prices. We replaced our steer tires at age 6 because of checking and will replace our 7 year old rears when the deal thru FMCA is completed,
Old 04-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beabop View Post
FMCA is working on a deal with Michelin for members to buy at fleet prices. We replaced our steer tires at age 6 because of checking and will replace our 7 year old rears when the deal thru FMCA is completed,
I have an inquiry pending in regard to this arrangement however I have not heard anything back from Michelin.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #19

wider..
The other forest area same diameter but an since wider, so an inch of tread width us the reason.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #20

The Toyo's 245/75-22.5 are 10 millimeters or .3937 inches wider in the section width. This equates to roughly 3/16ths an inch per side. In total the rear duals would only be about 3/8 of an inch closer together than they are now.The Michelins had 7 years on them and a lot of sidewall cracks when I purchased the coach. The Michelin's were the first thing we changed out. We replaced the Michelin 275/80-22.5's with Toyo M147's in a 295/75-22.5Big difference in the ride.
randco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:29 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am on my 5th motorhome and I've tried all sorts of tires...Goodyear,Bridgestone, Toyo & Michelin. I am a strong believer in the Michelin tires for quality and for ride. You don't hear anywhere near the sounds of dishes and pots & pans clattering when you drive on Michelins. I would never go back no matter what the price!
Ramzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:51 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
just replaced with toyos ! very smooth ride ! replaced all 6 for right at 1800 ! i actually had 1 original good year the others were bridge stones 02 yr started cracking ! just did 1600 mile trip nice ride !
Old 05-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by randco View Post
The Toyo's 245/75-22.5 are 10 millimeters or .3937 inches wider in the section width. This equates to roughly 3/16ths an inch per side. In total the rear duals would only be about 3/8 of an inch closer together than they are now.The Michelins had 7 years on them and a lot of sidewall cracks when I purchased the coach. The Michelin's were the first thing we changed out. We replaced the Michelin 275/80-22.5's with Toyo M147's in a 295/75-22.5Big difference in the ride.
Is that a "Big Difference" in the Ride because it's BETTER? Or WORSE?
Ramzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #24

I think that the Toyo's have a much better ride than the Michelin's. However, the Michelin's were 7 years old. I went to the Toyo's because of the sidewall cracking issues with the Michelin's. I stayed away from Goodyear's because of the rivering.

All I can hope is that I made the right choice. So far I am very pleased.
randco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #25

Well, I went with new Michelin XRV's. It was a toss-up between the Toyos and these, but the price on the Toyos went up $100/set while I was vacillating, and the Michelin dealer ended up giving me the Goodyear rebate even though Michelin isn't rebating right now, so the price difference melted down to about $300 over Toyos. The OEM Michelins did well by me, and the ride, handling, and tracking are great. I will try to do more to prevent sidewall cracking, like sun/UV protection in storage and not putting tire dressing on.

To those who get tires for $1800/set, is that all-inclusive and for 22.5" size? If so, I sure live on the wrong planet. My XRVs totaled $2800. Best price I found.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:59 PM   #26

You might be interested in this UV protector made for Michelin. It is interesting that it is the ONLY tire shine that is approved by Michelin. Mmmm they paid to have it made so they approve it. (lol) I bought two bottles of it at $7.99 a bottle which is not too bad. They tell you not to spray it on the tire but to spray it on a rag or sponge and wipe it onto the tire.

Michelin Wheel & Tire Care Products
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:39 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
I put 6 245x75/22.5 Sumitomo's on my coach for $1,885. This includes mounting, new steel stems, balancing beads and tax. They are as good or better than the XRV's I took off.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:45 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by two2go View Post
Well, I went with new Michelin XRV's. It was a toss-up between the Toyos and these, but the price on the Toyos went up $100/set while I was vacillating, and the Michelin dealer ended up giving me the Goodyear rebate even though Michelin isn't rebating right now, so the price difference melted down to about $300 over Toyos. The OEM Michelins did well by me, and the ride, handling, and tracking are great. I will try to do more to prevent sidewall cracking, like sun/UV protection in storage and not putting tire dressing on.

To those who get tires for $1800/set, is that all-inclusive and for 22.5" size? If so, I sure live on the wrong planet. My XRVs totaled $2800. Best price I found.
yes it is actually 4 chrome stems 2 brass all 6 spin balanced also ! i really believe its all in how one talks to a tire dealer that gets you the right price ! my tires are 245 75 22.5 toyo m154 had to make a lot of calls a lot of tire dealers just want to sell you the top 3 i had to push to get toyos oh an the dot date was 0811 regardless of what one pays its better than getting a flat somewhere because they were old ! so youll make up for it in the long run ! happy trails !