Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-07-2015, 06:36 PM   #1
Replace Winnebago window

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423357425.207557.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	85488Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423357445.658718.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	85489Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423357462.976645.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	85490Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423357476.091575.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	85491Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423357488.327653.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	85492Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423357499.228253.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	85493
I have a 2003 Winnebago Adventurer and as you can see by the attached photos, the slant window on the driver door fogged up. Atwood mobile products in Indiana was contacted (address and phone number in my last photo). I already had the part number for the window which was found on the Winnebago online site. The Winnebago parts catalog lists every part on the RV even down to the screws, nuts and bolts. I gave Atwood the part number for the window and they forwarded an email with the window measurements. I verified that it would fit and ordered the window. $150 plus about $40 for shipping. A local RV repair shop had the butyl tape I needed to hold the window in place.
Again, as you can see by the photos I began by removing the rubber seals along the outside edge of the window. They basically just snap in place and a small screwdriver is all you need to pry them out. Using a screwdriver and a straight edge razor I pried the window out. There were two small rectangular plastic spacers on the bottom edge of the frame. I removed those and cleaned them off. Using mineral spirits and the straight edge razor I cleaned the old tape off the metal frame. I got probably 95% of the old tape off. I didn't bother with what was left in some of the nook and crannies.
I placed the new tape in the metal frame and replaced the two spacers on the bottom edge of the frame. I just pushed the spacers into the tape.
I replaced the window by resting the bottom edge of the glass on the two spacers and then pushed the window into the frame. I pushed the glass along the edge where it made contact with the tape to make sure the glass made a good seal with the tape. I made sure the glass was seated with enough space so I could replace the rubber seals and pressed the seals back in place. The rubber seals stretch a little and you have to make sure you don't pull on them otherwise they won't sit properly against the window.
All this was done at a fraction of the cost of paying someone to do it and I think I had it all done within a couple of hours.

IndioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2015, 12:24 PM   #2
Good for you. It is satisfying when you can fix something.

2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B

dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:31 PM   #3
Great job for a handyman
laurier is offline   Reply With Quote

replace, window, winnebago