Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #1

replaced flat screen tv

I took my old crt analog tv set out and installed a 26in. one on one of those brackets from Wal Mart had to put in a plywood wall in the cabinet to hook the bracket on to. Ok its all done and running good. However how am I going to keep the tv from coming forward when I'm driving ? I cant think of a thing to keep it in place while not moving forward. I dont want it hanging forward 6 inches. What kind of a device do you all use who have done this project ?
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Don, I used two lag screw eye bolts screwed into the board and took nylon tarp strap come around front of tv and hooked into eye bolts. Takes a little tweaking but works find for us. Good luck.
Hammer Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
I used a bracket I got from an online RV parts store that actually has a latch with a chain attached that hangs down behind the TV and had a little ring on the end just below the TV. Once your stopped and ready to swing out the TV just pull the ring and you can swing it into a good position. Works great. Take a look here:

MAX-Q TVS-2000 LCD TV Bracket Locking Double Arm Featuring Dual Locking Pins and Adjustable Tilt Camper Trailer RV

David
floridaflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #4

Ok guys Ive got the idea. Think I'll use the one from hammer down, because you only need it while traveling not when its just sitting there,
Thanks to all
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:16 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm in the middle of putting a 32" LED Samsung in ours. Right now I'm just using a piece of bailing wire (actually rebar tie wire) across two of the mounting screws and a bungie cord. Will add a latch when I get through with the cabinet mods and sew everything up.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Self stick velcro patch on each front lower corner of the tv frame.

Screwed a velcro strap to the wood behind the TV.

Pull out the strap from behind the TV and attach to the front mounted patch to tighten TV to collapsed position.

Works fine on our 26" Vizio.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote