Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2016, 02:28 PM   #1

Replacement chassis/drivetrain parts for older Chevy P30 motorhomes

Where is a good source to get replacement parts for older motorhomes on the P30 chassis? I've looked at several items on Oriely's website like belts, hoses and such and it has the P30 listed but most say "will fit except motorhomes". I wanted to get some spare parts stocked up to carry with me but need a good source to buy them. Anybody got any tips?

Thanks
Jason1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2016, 02:50 PM   #2

I don't know

I'm subscribing to this thread, cause I feel your pain and would like to know also.

I can't find an coolant overflow bottle that's the correct size. I have a generic one, but it's a little too small and so overflows on occasion.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:01 PM   #3

Rockauto.com I've used them for many years. You may find that there may be too many choices lol. But prices are reasonable, I bought 4 brake hoses (because I wasn't sure which would fit) for less than what one cost locally. If you do a Google search there are 5% discount codes always available.

Bill
bill06447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:44 PM   #4

My local NAPA store has parts.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbridinger View Post
My local NAPA store has parts.
That's where I've been getting them for my '93 454 Flair. I'm not certain if it was NAPA when I got them there or not. It changed to Carquest during that time, so Carquest will probably have then also. I haven't had a problem getting parts so far.

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:48 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I have been using advanced auto parts local store and on line. also use usautoparts.com
Old 05-13-2016, 06:55 AM   #7

P-Series are originally descended from Chevy pickup truck chassis, and step vans. Great sources are:
https://www.millsupply.com/ and Walkin Van | Learn all about the history, uses, and how to maintain your walkin van.

For general automotive parts, most auto supply stores have the parts, but you need to find a counter person who will take the time to do a little research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason1955 View Post
Where is a good source to get replacement parts for older motorhomes on the P30 chassis? I've looked at several items on Oriely's website like belts, hoses and such and it has the P30 listed but most say "will fit except motorhomes". I wanted to get some spare parts stocked up to carry with me but need a good source to buy them. Anybody got any tips?

Thanks
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:46 AM   #8

P-30 Bell Crank 1995

I'm having heck finding the bell crank and other parts for the steering at any local parts houses, found a rebuild kit for the bell crank for 400 wow I hope all the parts are not like this. I found some new ones on e-bay but doesn't say if they will work on motor homes for 230. I've got a 1995 Georgie Boy 454 Swinger. Thanks for any info. are help on finding my parts. Thanks Ronnie
okie mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:35 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie mopar View Post
I'm having heck finding the bell crank and other parts for the steering at any local parts houses, found a rebuild kit for the bell crank for 400 wow I hope all the parts are not like this. I found some new ones on e-bay but doesn't say if they will work on motor homes for 230. I've got a 1995 Georgie Boy 454 Swinger. Thanks for any info. are help on finding my parts. Thanks Ronnie
The Bell crank and arms are a design problem with the P30 chassis. Replacement for them are difficult to find. Your best option is to use Super Steer products. Doing a search on IRV2 will bring you lots of info on the subject. The bell crank arms run $230 +/_ the bell crank runs $340 +/_

RV & Truck Parts - Suspension – Steering – Brakes - Towing

Tags
ace, chassis, chevy, motorhome, motorhomes, p30, parts, replace, replacement