Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Replacement for Weldex monitor

My monitor is dead and would like to find suitable replacement. I do not need audio or color although color would be nice. Have you replaced circa 2005 Weldex monitor, and if so, what did you replace it with. Thanks for reply.

Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2015, 03:44 PM   #2

I had to replace my monitor soon after I purchased our 2004 GT 2 years ago. I don't remember what brand it was but it had the green phosphorus screen. I had a local Mobil music shop install a 7" colored LCD monitor. It didn't fit the hole, so they designed a nice looking fill panel that matches the dash pretty well.

The original camera was not compatible so we replaced that too but we're able to use the wiring. The new system does not have all the features of the original (no reverse switch so it is either on or off and no audio) but I am happy with it. Total price was under $300 including parts, labor, and tax.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:57 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Our Weldex monitor died too but it was under dealers used coach warranty, so they replaced it with another brand new Weldex. Plug and play as same exact size, although controls are on bottom instead of on side.
krivanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:06 PM   #4

There are several listed on Ebay, and several used RV parts places around if you are looking just for a replacement. Be careful about going color since it may mean running a new cable from the monitor to the camera.

Does your come on at all? I was having problems with mine and I found the connector in the back of the monitor was not making contact properly, and after I cleaned it the monitor came back to life.
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:00 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
There are several listed on Ebay, and several used RV parts places around if you are looking just for a replacement. Be careful about going color since it may mean running a new cable from the monitor to the camera.

Does your come on at all? I was having problems with mine and I found the connector in the back of the monitor was not making contact properly, and after I cleaned it the monitor came back to life.
It powers on and finally lost picture totally. I took it out of dash and have determined the power wire connector is messed up in the monitor. Will probably buy new color system if I can get 6 pin to 4 pin cable adapters.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:02 PM   #6

Give these guys a call
RV Cams: Weldex Backup Camera Systems (and Parts)
I thought mine had went out lost picture and everything because my Silverleaf runs through it, called and they said to send it in and have it checked. I did and they called back and said my Weldex was fine. They could have sold me a new one but said I had other problems not the monitor. So I started pulling wires out and found the problem my plug to the Silverleaf hand pulled out some and lost contact.
If I have to get one down the road they will get my business.
2 stroker

2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement