Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2015, 02:01 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmif View Post
Hi all,
I recently bought a 2000 pace arrow vision Z36. I am learning a lot about what I should have looked for.... It is missing a right front lens just along side the headlights. It doesn't have any wire or bulb socket to it but I think I will need to have it fixed for my NY inspection. Does anyone know what vehicle the lens may have come from ? My unit is a Ford V10 chassis, but the matching lens on the left side has a GM part number 16518657. I tried to google it with no results. I have photos.

Thanks for any help. Bob
They look like the headlight and turn signal assy's on my 1998 chev Astro van, and that side lens by the headlight is not wired.

Hope this helps
Cheers Rick T.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2015, 07:34 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmif View Post
Hi all,
I recently bought a 2000 pace arrow vision Z36. I am learning a lot about what I should have looked for.... It is missing a right front lens just along side the headlights. It doesn't have any wire or bulb socket to it but I think I will need to have it fixed for my NY inspection. Does anyone know what vehicle the lens may have come from ? My unit is a Ford V10 chassis, but the matching lens on the left side has a GM part number 16518657. I tried to google it with no results. I have photos.

Thanks for any help. Bob
Bob,

Please post the light source if you find it. I have a 98 Vision 36Z with the same lights. I am also looking to replace / update them. Thanks

Old 02-02-2015, 10:11 PM   #45

Fleetwood Owners Club
...quiclky climbing on the band wagon...

Another 1998 Pace Arrow owner here. My lights are still in decent shape but it will be good to know what replaces them if one ever gets damaged. I'll be watching this thread to see if either of you get lucky on finding the replacement...thanks.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:46 AM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
My 2000 southwind has oem sealed beam , Do they make a super bright replacement ?
scooterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:50 AM   #47

My 02 Dutch Star used 2000-02 Lincoln LS head lights. I bought replacements from eBay and they work well. I believe Newmar used the same for the 03 and 04 models.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:16 AM   #48

Damon Owners Club
Moulded headlights used on motorhomes are automotive, they are not motorhome specific. They all have manufacturer and sae numbers on them somewhere if you do some digging you can find them. The units are usually available at auto dealers, recyclers, or on line. Motorhome makers can not afford the high tooling and production costs associated with the production of headlights pods with such low production numbers. 100s as apposed to 100s of thousands. RV dealer might be able to get them if they are current or recent production. If you do some research you can save a bundle.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:02 AM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
papasmif, I would go to a GM dealer and see if they can track down that part number.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:26 PM   #50

Would anyone know if there are substitutes for headlights on a 2004 HR Imperial.? Mine are not too bad but just don't seem bright enough.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:12 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowlites View Post
They look like the headlight and turn signal assy's on my 1998 chev Astro van, and that side lens by the headlight is not wired.

Hope this helps
Cheers Rick T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Another 1998 Pace Arrow owner here. My lights are still in decent shape but it will be good to know what replaces them if one ever gets damaged. I'll be watching this thread to see if either of you get lucky on finding the replacement...thanks.
Rick was spot on. I checked behind the lights on my 1998 Pace Arrow Vision and the part number on the light housing was from a 1995-2005 Chevy Astro/GMC Safari. There are several after-market light housings that should work. I don't want to do the regular lights so I will be looking at Euro-style lights or halogen projectors. Suggestions as to which one?
Old 02-15-2015, 12:54 PM   #52

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Owner View Post
Yup, the cheap ones will need replacing every couple of years. The lenses will fog, or the housing cracks. Your better off with OEM.
How do you figure that? At $471.00 each for the OEM and $86.00 for the replacements. You can replace them 5-1/2 times before the cost equals out. Even if you say you have to replace them every couple of years, which I seriously doubt, you could go over 10 years for the same money. I think your logic and your math are off a bit.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:36 AM   #53

Damon Owners Club
To papasmif with pace arrow. The headlights pictured are astro van. I thought they looked familiar, I have an astro, and have had them out to polish. If you dig deep enough you can find the number you quoted. The numbers are 1652409 left assembly, and 16524092 for the right assembly. Hope this helps.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:37 AM   #54

2000 Pace Arrow headlights

Hi All ... and Thank you to everyone who has contributed. I went to a GM dealer a little over a week ago and asked about my Rt. corner lens using the GM #16518657 on my left lens. He could not find that number in his system. He said some times you have to get the whole assembly. I mentioned about Ricks post that it looked a lot like a '98 Astro lens. He looked that up and came up with a different part number for the Astro right corner lens (GM #16524076). He said I had to pay first and they would order it but there were no returns if it was not the right one. I decided to wait until I get back to NY in April. We have a auto recycling center about 25 miles from my NY home and I can go in and take off my own parts at a very cheap price. I will try to get a '98 era Astro lens or full assmebly and see if it works. I'll post my results at that time.

Thanks again to all, Bob
Old 03-02-2015, 09:39 AM   #55

Fleetwood Owners Club
I need to replace the headlights on my 2004 Fleetwood Excursion. Any suggestions on way to find an aftermarket replacement. What I have read so far, in most cases RV headlights are the same headlight from Ford, GM or other passenger vehicles.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:35 AM   #56

Rexhall Owners Group
Anyone use the new lights after the install and check the aim? I'd like to replace mine but that would be a concern. Polishing, if it improves the light would be a more practical solution and hopefully, the lights would still be pointed in the proper direction. Also, and I haven't looked, how easy are the lights to replace?

Tags
lights, replacement