Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Any issues with the wood flooring height interferring with the slides? Friend wants to put in wood flooring with electric heat.
If you were asking me, I had less issues on the wood flooring with the slide than I did with the factory installed tile?

The installer specified the thickness of flooring I could purchase to accommodate the slide, so it wasn't an issue for me. My '99 Eagle only had one slide (Living Room). Unless you are doing a lot of cold weather camping I don't know that I would do the heated floor, I don't know how it would radiate through the wood?

I have heated tile on my '09, I do love it but it is tile.
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2014, 06:13 PM   #16

How does the coach wood flooring meet up with the slideout wood flooring? is the floor level when the slide is out? I was thinking of doing the same, replacing my combnation tile/carpet with wood, but am concerned there might be a difference in floor elevation when the slideout was out.
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:27 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
How does the coach wood flooring meet up with the slideout wood flooring? is the floor level when the slide is out? I was thinking of doing the same, replacing my combnation tile/carpet with wood, but am concerned there might be a difference in floor elevation when the slideout was out.
Look at post #6, that is the slide out open behind the driver's seat. They put a piece of trim on the front edge.
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:34 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryan59 View Post
Look at post #6, that is the slide out open behind the driver's seat. They put a piece of trim on the front edge.

You have a photo of it all finished and the furniture back in place?

Sent from my iPad2 using iRV2 - RV Forum
Virago-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:08 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
We had carpet and this is what we did. We love it, inlaid flooring looks like tile. Jim.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140523_171015.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	65758   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140523_170953.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	65759  

Old 06-19-2014, 10:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjimmy View Post
We had carpet and this is what we did. We love it, inlaid flooring looks like tile. Jim.
That looks fantastic! I think I like it more than wood floors! Wow 👍
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:11 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryan59 View Post
If you were asking me, I had less issues on the wood flooring with the slide than I did with the factory installed tile?

The installer specified the thickness of flooring I could purchase to accommodate the slide, so it wasn't an issue for me. My '99 Eagle only had one slide (Living Room). Unless you are doing a lot of cold weather camping I don't know that I would do the heated floor, I don't know how it would radiate through the wood?

I have heated tile on my '09, I do love it but it is tile.
The flooring would be laminate and apparently does carry the heat through reasonably well.

People work at Bryce and there are many cool days there during the summer but spring and fall has snow days. They think the underfloor will make it more comfortable.

We camp with them in SE CA during the winter so there are many nights where the temp gets down enough so you run the heat for a bit in the morning.

It also means less changing propane tanks and running to town for propane.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:15 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBilly View Post
That looks fantastic! I think I like it more than wood floors! Wow 👍
Absolutely agree with the looks fantastic comment. Most S&B dont look this good.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
That does look good. My wife is on a spree about the same thing. She want to either change out the carpet or do wood floors all the way. Most of ours is wood except the driver and slide area.
flangley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:51 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
The installer put under-layment down so that the floor was the same height. He did a great job and we are happy to have that carpet gone. Jim.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #25

Jayco Owners Club
Just thought about a problem we had with a older RV we had. It had wood flooring and after a while the rollers damaged them. Something to think about.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:56 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Our installer made us some panels out of the left over under-layment and we lay them down where the 4 rollers are. Works out great, we just pick them up and put them under the bed when the slides are out. Jim
Old 06-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjimmy View Post
Our installer made us some panels out of the left over under-layment and we lay them down where the 4 rollers are. Works out great, we just pick them up and put them under the bed when the slides are out. Jim

Photo please?

Sent from my iPad2 using iRV2 - RV Forum
Virago-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:57 AM   #28

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
you can use some luxury vinyl planks, also- generally they are 3 feet long- which is long enough for any slide to glide over
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carpet