Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Here are two RV salvage yards that may have the parts you need:
Jakes Rv Parts & Salvage - Home Page
Used RV Parts And Accessories | Visone RV Monaco Parts Dealer | rvparts.visonerv.com

Bad jacks makes for a unhappy camper. Been there. I was fortunate when my jacks refused to retract. I was in the Winnebago factory parking lot and the tech was getting the rig for service.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #16

We recently had a jack fail, leaking fluid and got Camping World to order it from HWH. We asked at 2 different CW's what the price was and got 2 different answers. the first two times we asked for price we were told we had to buy the complete unit, springs, bracket, foot and cylinder to the tune of $850 plus install of $117.

At the end of the day, we got them to check and it turned out we could order just the cylinder at $430 plus install. It took 5 days to get it shipped to CW in Wilsonville Oregon from wherever the HWH place is.
BCIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #17

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
Jack springs

Had one break so I decided to replace them all. Ordered them from Lichtsinn and stopped by my local mechanic. Today he got under the rig with hook nose pliers (big ones) pulled the old ones off, put a bottle jack under the pad and pulled the new ones back on. 1/2 hr job!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossilhog
Had one break so I decided to replace them all. Ordered them from Lichtsinn and stopped by my local mechanic. Today he got under the rig with hook nose pliers (big ones) pulled the old ones off, put a bottle jack under the pad and pulled the new ones back on. 1/2 hr job!
Fossilhog,

Did your mechanic replace the jacks or the springs in 1/2 hour? I think the OP had a jack replaced.

mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:00 AM   #19

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
Just the springs
Old 06-13-2014, 11:14 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterd503 View Post
I had problems with my jacks and went to hydraulic/machine shop. They rebuilt all 4(including machining new plungers) for less than the manufacturer wanted for one rebuilt one.

What shop did you use. Please provide details. Thanks.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:53 AM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanan View Post
What shop did you use. Please provide details. Thanks.
I was in Carlsbad, New Mexico and went to a local hydraulic repair shop. The owner has since retired and shut down his business. Any decent hydraulic shop should be able to do this. I did the remove and replace myself. It took about 30 min per jack.
Peterd503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:10 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelb View Post
One of my HWH jacks will go down and raise the coach but it will slowly creep back up (it probably takes about 2-3 hours for it to retract fully). Any idea what I need to fix on it? I was thinking of going hydraulic / machine shop as well to see if they could fix it at a better price.
I strongly suspect it is the seals getting hard causing this. I had to replace one that had the same problem. It would start up then stop prior to getting all the way up. You could put your foot under it and push it the rest of the way up pretty easily so it was not bent. I could spray it down with silicon lube and it would go up correctly although slowly for about 4 uses then start sticking again.

You should be able to take that jack off and take it to a hydraulic repair shop and get it rebuilt. I have not done that yet with my old one because I have not been home long enough to get that done. The local hydraulic shop in Fort Smith charges 100.00 to rebuild a hydraulic jack that includes micropolishing the shaft
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:27 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
I took my 2 front jacks into the local hydro shop on Friday. They are saying one is not repairable due to too much rust, but also he told me he has not taken it apart yet, but since it will not spin easy (using a pipe wrench to turn it) he thinks it is too far gone. Quote from HDW is $425 each new. I wonder if I should have extended them 1st before taking them in - they had not been used since last Oct right before winterizing. I don't know, I would think they can be fixed by a hydro shop. May be looking for some used jacks...
Old 06-21-2014, 06:56 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Looks like I might need to try another hydro shop.....
Old 08-08-2014, 10:50 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
So had HWH rebuild the 2 front jacks for $345. Local hydro shop would not do them. Also purchased 2 new spring sets - tapered. Got them installed today. I used a my trailer scissor jack to lift the jacks back up into the bracket and hold them while i bolted the plates back on - that worked good. For getting the new springs on, I used the 2x4 approach - about 3 ft long piece and a hammer. The self bleeding system on the HWH is impressive - they worked right away. Back in business - no more using the boards and the air system to stow them!
Old 08-08-2014, 10:59 PM   #26

what is HWH?
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:23 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
what is HWH?

The manufacturer

Welcome to HWH Corporation
Old 08-10-2014, 07:15 AM   #28

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
Welcome to irv2.
If you open the T valve for that jack, HWH spec should tell you which one, the springs may pull up jack.
Try lifting with a 2x4 under jack pad if its hard to lift and slips and stops the seals on piston maybe binding and jack will need replacement.
If you cannot lift than a 8 ton jack lifting chassis and dropping jack pad on blocks and stacking as you go will get jack up to drive coach.
I am now changing one on passenger front jack, now costs $400 got jack in three days..
How big of a job is it to replace a jack? Is the pressure released when jacks are up?

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh