Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #15

I live in Tucson, AZ now but I grew up in Sequim, my grandparents lived in Sekiu and it was a lot different in the '50s.

You got there 2 months ahead of me.
When I was a Crew Chief on a 105mm howitzer, you may have moved us around from place to place, was in C Btry 1/11 Arty. Later was on FO team with D Co 6/31 Inf., but rode mostly on 'slicks' then.
Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2011, 09:09 AM   #16

I started out with a 25" TV as seen in the picture below.

The doors on the overheads on either side of the TV are 32-1/4" from door frame to door frame. I didn't want to slice anything off of the frame if I didn't need to. I also thought about filling the hinge holes and relocating the doors slightly outboard. Luckily, I found a Sony Bravia 32" LCD with an overall width of 31-1/2" so everything worked out dimensionally.

I built the frame/mount out of Poplar. The frame actually looks somewhat like a ladder. The front face of each side board of the “ladder” are cut at 45 degrees. This allows the TV to mostly sit within the framework. The two cross pieces behind the TV are 1” x 4” boards lying flat. They are used as the mounts for the TV. The TV required four M6 screws to hold it to a mount. The TV also had two 1/2” O.D. by 2” deep holes molded into the upper rear case of the TV, slightly above and outboard of the upper mounting screw locations. I utilized these holes to actually hang the TV on. I drilled two 1/2” holes in the 1” x 4” and then glued two small lengths of 1/2” dowel in the 1/2” holes that I drilled into the 1” x 4”. I drilled clearance holes for the four M6 mounting screws in the upper and lower 1” x 4”'s. I drilled three clearance holes for a #10 screw on each of the side frames and counter-bored each hole to accommodate a 1/2" domed plug. I used these holes to mount the TV and frame to the plywood side walls of the overhead structure.

I modified the plywood side walls of the overhead structure by cutting it back by about 4”. Next, I cut notches in each of the plywood side walls of the overhead structure to accommodate the 1” x 4” ladder pieces. After all of the cutting I slipped the “ladder” in place. I used a transfer punch to locate the position for the mounting holes. Then I removed the “ladder” and glued 2” x 2” x 3/4” backup blocks to the plywood side walls of the overhead structure inside walls directly behind the position of the mounting holes. After the glue dried I drilled pilot holes in the plywood side wall of the overhead structure.

By cutting down the sidewalls on the "box" by about 5 inches the face of the TV was set back about 3 inches from the original design. It does not protrude into the living area as far as it did.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #17

Do you ever forget about the TV and hit your head on it when you either sit down or get up from your seat? Or when you enter thru the door if it is up by the passenger seat?
jjb4100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #18

Haven't had any head bumps, it is pretty much over the dash. It protrudes into the passenger compartment a lot less than the original one did. If you look real close at the second picture at the ceiling above top frame you can see where the original frame was.