RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2017, 03:26 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Reputable RV Dealers between Tampa and Miami

Wife and I are going to spend a week in Florida (flying down) to educate ourselves a bit more on owning an RV and having a little fun together. Can anyone recommend a dealer that they feel we should visit. Plan to go to Lazy days in Tampa and North Trail in both Ft Meyers and Miami. We are looking at Newmar and Tiffin Coaches. Thanks in advance. Wonder if we use our return flight tickets or not, lol.

brandss is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2017, 06:21 PM   #2

You'll find some Newmars at Tampa RV and it's about a mile from Lazydays. Not saying to buy there but it close for looking.

North Trail in Miami has been closed.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:31 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Just down I-4 from LazyDays in Tampa is Camping World. Worth stopping there. I've been to both, and both are very large.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 06:37 PM   #4

If you're just looking to see floor plans, etc., then by all means, go to Camping World in Dover. I will caution you to NOT buy anything from them.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:52 PM   #5

I hear that Independence RV is pretty good to deal with.Just another choice.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:06 PM   #6

Bought mine from Scott Hamilton at Independence RV. They are in Winter Garden about an hour from Tampa area. Would recommend a visit there. We are very happy with sale and their excellent service department.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:11 PM   #7

Shirley...you jest!!!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:27 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
When you are at Ft Myers and after North Trail stop at Palm RV they are a consignment dealer and they may have some interesting deals for you to look at.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 11:22 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You owe it to yourself to visit Independence. We were very happy with our experience there.
BW in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:19 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

I would not bother going to the Miami-Ft Lauderdale area to look at Rvs. The Mecca for RV stores is the Tampa & Ft Meyers area, plus maybe the Orlando & Jacksonville areas. However, you can easily spend a week just around Tampa, without even hitting Ft Meyers. Especially if you plan other fun while there.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:37 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
I would not bother going to the Miami-Ft Lauderdale area to look at Rvs. The Mecca for RV stores is the Tampa & Ft Meyers area, plus maybe the Orlando & Jacksonville areas. However, you can easily spend a week just around Tampa, without even hitting Ft Meyers. Especially if you plan other fun while there.
I agree about the Miami-Ft Lauderdale area. I live near there and there is not much to look at in this corner of the state. However, I think that North Trail in Fort Myers is a must see. They have a huge stock and you are likely to see more Newmar floorplans there than anywhere else. If you are looking at high end Newmars (Mountain Aire to King Aire), they may be the only dealer in Florida for what you want. I am not saying I would necessarily buy there as their prices are not always the most competitive, but their inventory exceeds any other Newmar dealer. For the more affordable Newmars I would definitely visit Independence RV who have a great reputation, but last I haeard they don't sell the high end (King Aire Essex, London Aire) Newmars if that is in your target range.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:13 PM   #12

Depending on what you are looking for there is a small family owned consignment RV dealer in Tampa. Baissline RV is on Hiway 92 around the I75 overpass. Mark is very knowledgeable on the RV front and I believe he worked at Lazy Days for about 28 years. Mark and his wife are the owners and they are very personable and is worth the stop. They do have a website to see some of their inventory. .
BUB1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #13

Camping World is a good place to look... just NEVER buy there. No service after the sale.
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:14 PM   #14

I just delivered a new Fleetwood PaceArrowLXE to General RV near Tampa(Dover FL), and it is a huge dealership with over 150 employees, and adding another 100 acres to their already sizable footprint right off I4.... and just down the road from Lazydays, RVOne(TampaRV), Camping World, and others... my feeling is that this is the place you could spend more than several days within a 5 mile area and see every possible make, model, and floor plan that you can imagine.

MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer