Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: so all elect... love it , or hate it
hate it 22 9.95%
love it 185 83.71%
don't understand it 12 5.43%
just use an ice chest to camp 3 1.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2015, 10:51 AM   #183

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My piont is there are other choises, not necessarily Samsung, and some will operate on MSW.
I have not done any research on all manufacturers that may work, but I know for a fact there are choices, and it is not always necessary to convert to PWS inverters.
If memory serves me the Samsung website also states their RF197 and RF217 models are also compatible with MSW inverters.

az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2015, 05:39 PM   #184

My Kitchen Aid works just great on a Tripp Lite PV1250FC MSW. It's installed as a dedicated inverter for the residential refer and also runs a 17 cu ft chest freezer in the back of the pickup and a 3 1/2 cu ft basement freezer. We bring a LOT of fish down from Alaska.

Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:27 PM   #185

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We can also add GE residentials to the list that will operate on MSW inverters.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:34 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
We can also add GE residentials to the list that will operate on MSW inverters.

I ask this question of GE in 2011 and was told no. I suspected that they really didn't know so just said no out of an abundance of caution.

What is your source?

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:06 PM   #187

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
I ask this question of GE in 2011 and was told no. I suspected that they really didn't know so just said no out of an abundance of caution.

What is your source?

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
The owner of the Monaco next to me. Says he had it installed in 2009 when the Norcold died.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:04 PM   #188

Official iRV2 Sponsor

I think there's a huge difference between Samsung (and maybe Amana) where the manufacturer stated that the fridge would run on an MSW inverter and those brands where it's been "discovered by experiment" that they seem to work fine. The big difference is warranty coverage if there was a problem.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:10 PM   #189

Monaco Owners Club
My Whirlpool 11cuft has worked with no problem on the Magnum msw inverter for two years and many thousand miles. Not always plugged in, reads 3amps on EMS when running.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:47 AM   #190

az bound
Samsung answered my email about our MSW inverter on their 197 ACRS fridge. They answered with information similar to your post, added to the effect that as long as our inverter supplied electricity within their parameters there would be no problem. So we bought/installed one about year ago. No problem so far.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:25 AM   #191

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
My Kitchen Aid works just great on a Tripp Lite PV1250FC MSW. It's installed as a dedicated inverter for the residential refer and also runs a 17 cu ft chest freezer in the back of the pickup and a 3 1/2 cu ft basement freezer. We bring a LOT of fish down from Alaska.

Certainly an inverter such as that works great with that kind of a load, but what you should have offered, was for how many batteries it takes to work great.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:31 AM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36 View Post
Certainly an inverter such as that works great with that kind of a load, but what you should have offered, was for how many batteries it takes to work great.
I believe we were discussing running a RR on a MSW inverter, never the less, six Lifeline GPL4CT 660AH total, AGM's. We boondock a LOT.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:15 PM   #193

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
I believe we were discussing running a RR on a MSW inverter, never the less, six Lifeline GPL4CT 660AH total, AGM's. We boondock a LOT.
Wow and that certainly should do it alright.
Thanks for the info...
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:06 PM   #194

I just ordered a Samsung RF18 it will be here on Saturday. Hopefully I can get it installed this weekend.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:50 PM   #195

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
I respectfully disagree.

There are residential refrigerators that do not require PSW inverters as their compressors are powered by DC current They have a built in rectifier which converts AC to DC. Amana is one manufacturer. I have one and it has been running on a MSW inverter for 5 years now.
I suggest some research and there may be a change of opinion.
Your personal experience does not have to be a disagreement, respectfully or not. Your refrigerator may do fine on a MSW inverter but my coach came equipped with a PSW inverter upgraded to a 2800W with 6 AGM batteries. As I understand my Maytag, French door unit, the PSW inverter is the better choice for longevity. It might work on a MSW. I truly don't know. All I do know is that AC devices seem to be happier, like microwaves and motor type devices, last longer and work better.

The power on this coach is fantastic for a factory stock setup. I am very happy with the way all of my appliances work. They all work better than those I had in my old coaches with MSW inverters.

Happy trails and frozen ice cream.

Rick Y
Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:24 PM   #196

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Your personal experience does not have to be a disagreement, respectfully or not. Your refrigerator may do fine on a MSW inverter but my coach came equipped with a PSW inverter upgraded to a 2800W with 6 AGM batteries. As I understand my Maytag, French door unit, the PSW inverter is the better choice for longevity. It might work on a MSW. I truly don't know. All I do know is that AC devices seem to be happier, like microwaves and motor type devices, last longer and work better.

The power on this coach is fantastic for a factory stock setup. I am very happy with the way all of my appliances work. They all work better than those I had in my old coaches with MSW inverters.

Happy trails and frozen ice cream.

Rick Y
There are 145 coaches all made by CT Coachworks and all of them have a 3000 watt MSW inverters with 8D AGM batteries. residential refrigerators, washer/dryers, garbage disposale, 32" led televisions and microwaves.
I too am very happy with my appliances.

Tags
fridge