Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-22-2014, 10:29 PM   #15
Retired Fire Capt

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
1ciderdog, was it the Samsung 197? Can you post pic of the install and what work you had to do. I have the same coach and we want a new fridge. TIA

Jeff/Diane, Retired Fire Capt. I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.
2004 Winnebago Journey 39K on a Workhorse chassis w/ ISC 330, Allison 3000
2013 Honda Fit with Roadmaster Baseplate, BrakeMaster and All Terrain Falcon Tow Bar.
GS#819681685 FMCA#F437136 SKP#112720
phinneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2014, 04:30 AM   #16
Originally Posted by castrol View Post
This may be a dumb question, but how do you guys get these INSIDE the motorhome?!
The Samsung RF197 is a counter depth model. The box measures a little over 24.5" with the doors off. It fit through the door of our gasser, but just barely. With a diesel, you usually have to remove the passenger seat to get the fridge through the door, but you still have to be careful it will be able to make the bend past the overhead TV if there is one.

If the fridge won't fit through the door, the next easiest way to get it in is to remove a side window. The window behind the sofa or dinette is usually big enough.

Remove the windshield to get the fridge in only as a last resort.

2015 DRV Tradition 375KPS
2015 Chevy Duramax 3500HD LTZ Dually
Full-timers...Home is where we park it.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:23 AM   #17
Originally Posted by castrol View Post
This may be a dumb question, but how do you guys get these INSIDE the motorhome?!
I have a Winny Adventurer 35A gasser. Had to remove all 4 doors on the Norcold to get it out and had to remove the doors on the Kenmore to get it in. Both ways through the entry door (opened ALL the way). No seat and/or glass removal required. These things are heavy, so it takes two strong ones to handle.
Rick and Lynda Smith
2004 NEWMAR DSDP M-4011-SPTN 8.9 Liter Cummins
2011 GMC SLT 1500 4WD CREW toad
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A guy I know had the whole job done in a Lowes parking lot. Glass company came and removed window, Lowes delivery guys swapped fridges in & out, and glass guys re-installed window. The Lowes guys don't remodel the cabinet, of course, so they just set the fridge inside the coach and plugged it in to make sure it worked when delivered.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:23 PM   #19

Originally Posted by phinneyj View Post
1ciderdog, was it the Samsung 197? Can you post pic of the install and what work you had to do. I have the same coach and we want a new fridge. TIA

Yes, it was the 197. The first and 4th photos are taken from the area of the galley sink and simply show the installed Samsung. The second photo shows the oak I used to cover the front on the new floor and the propane sensor and the 12 volt button fuses. Third photo shows the door open - there is plenty of room to open the door but it does not swing much further open - it makes it difficult to remove the bottom vegetable drawers. Also in that photo is a switch I added so I can turn the refrigerator off if I want the inverter on during storage if I'm working on project.

As far as installation I had to lower the floor. I used 2X4's around the inside edge and across the middle. I then used 2X8's under where the refrigerator legs would go. I covered the floor with plywood. Under the floor there are several wire looms and I "dressed" them up a bit with wire ties. I capped off the propane. I had to raise the back of the refrigerator base about 1/2 inch so that the sides would be in line with the wall trim on the sides. It fits with only a 1/4 inch or less of space on the side. I moved the refrigerator 120 volt power wire to the inverter box at the foot of the bed - added a new circuit breaker for that. I also added wires to a switch at the front top top of the refrigerator so I could turn off the refrigertor without having to use the circuit breaker or unplug it. Sorry but photos of the installation are on a corrupted card and I can't retrieve them. Originally there was a radio speaker under the Norcold but it was to large to fit after the floor was lowered. We don't seem to miss that speaker but I left the wires available should I decide I need to add another speaker there. After the Samsung was delivered I plugged it in and ran it for a couple of days before putting it n the RV. I cut the box it came in to the size of the 197. I then fit that box through the window and then put it in the cabinet to make sure it would fit. Any other question don't hesitate to ask.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung197 002.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	77297   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung197 003.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	283.8 KB
ID:	77298  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung197 006.jpg