Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2018, 07:33 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
not in any way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
If I came across argumentative in my earlier post, I apologize, that was not my intent.
I’ve been buffing out cars since high school on my 1970 Black Monte Carlo.
Used all different products, and buffers. I still stand behind the use of the DeWalt, with Mequiar’s, it’s not a professional buffer, it can be bought anywhere, including amazon for 175$. It’s much better at spreading the compound. Both teenage sons have used it, including neighbors and friends. It has buffed a lot of vehicles in the last 7 years, and still going strong.
I would not recommend using any generic sprays or waxes. In the long run they just build up gunk on your paint. I’ve spent a day on a car just removing that stuff. They sell wax, and grease removers at auto body paint stores for this reason.
I’ve buffed out cars for friends and families for small fees, but to be honest for the time it takes to really do a good job most people are not willing to spend the money. If you take pride in your vehicles like I do, it’s just something that you’ll have to learn, and do on your own.
I was not singling anyone out for being argumentative...sorry if you thought I was... I totally agree that DeWalt makes some killer tools and I buy them when I know I am going to use the crap out of some tool. I have two of their cordless drills and one of their hammer drills that I use all the time. Call me cheap (I prefer frugal) but for a tool I use very occasionally I try and get by on a budget. I also know if you use a Harbor Freight tool like a professional tool it is going to crap out on you in short order..been there done that and learned my lesson.

Sorry friend I was not calling anyone out nor disparaging any tool or compound. It was just disappointing that the thread turned into this discussion of if you don't use this tool or compound your going to !#^%^@ the coach up, or this is the only thing that works.
Peace
flyfishidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2018, 09:04 AM   #30

Detailing can get a bit like religion unfortunately.

Just of curiosity, I wanted to see if I could find something that would provide some sort of simple "professional" comparison of the various types of polishing machines.

The info, and video in particular, on this link from autogeek, one of the largest on line detailing suppliers that provides almost anything you would ever want for detailing (I have never used them, but they are very well known) is even better than what I was hoping to find; always something to learn.

https://www.autogeek.net/bupo.html

Again, just trying to be helpful and ensure that folks make well informed decisions.... And to clarify, the Flex that I have, and have been referring to in my posts is the XC3401VRG; as you see in the video and on the auto geek web pages, Flex does make a rotary was well.....
Betr2Trvl is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint, rvs