Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2014, 09:50 AM   #1

Resync my slide out!

I have a 1998 Winnebago Adventurer 33WQ and when returning home last weekend I noticed the front edge of the slide out about a 1/2". I turned on the hydraulic system and pushed to retract, nothing happened so I pushed extend and nothing happened. Thought I would check to see if the leveling jacks worked so I started putting the front ones down and when I looked to see if they were working is when I noticed a large puddle of hydraulic fluid on the driveway! I checked underneath and found a blown hose on the front cylinder. I have received a new HWH hose to replace. My concern now it that the sync cylinder is extended & the two slide cylinders are retracted. HWH wasn't must help, their waiting time to talk to a Tech is 4-6 weeks! I have downloaded some of the HWH Manuals and they are somewhat confusing. Do I need to get the sync cylinder so the rod is in and where do I proceed from there?
Cravin
Cravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Have you tried a search on google or youtube ?
Some of the above links may help...

People post the oddest things out there, so you never know
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I might enlist some professional help. JMHO.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #4
doc

Appalachian Campers
We had HWH system once on another coach. I think you have to open the valves on the solenoid and shove the cylinders back in. Check the level of fluid and fill to the full mark. Makes sense, but not sure that is the easiest way
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:16 PM   #5

Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:44 AM   #6

Cravin: We just had a blown line replaced (it had rubbed for 14 yrs on the oil cooler and worn a smallish hole). Because we had not actually run the slide in and out to full length we got lucky and did not have to do what DOC mentioned. But, the tech opened the two valves on the cylinders and ran the slide out and in to remove any bubbles/foam left in the lines. We waited a few minutes to let the bubbles/foam vanish and repeated. Once he was comfortable the fluid was "pure" he topped off the fluid at the appropriate level and closed the valves and replaced the fill cap. Next he ran out the slide, retracted it, and repeated that once more. He then let the cylinders cool and repeated that process again. He said the valve system would eventually self-balance the cylinders. If my slide had been cattywompus I think we would have done as DOC said and while the valves were open, tried to close the slide by hand to a fairly even position before running through the rest of the steps of bleeding and balancing the cylinders.

We used Bluemoon in Carrollton (Dallas) since they are an HWH authorized dealer. I would highly recommend them if they are in your service area.

Good luck.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #7

Butch
Thank you very much for the advise! It's been too hot here to work on it but I think from what you said I can get it fixed!
Cravin

Tags
slide, slide out