Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #1

Is anyone familiar with Rexhall RV's? They are a nice looking unit but it appears that they are not sold by anyone other than the factory. I'm curious about the quality of their motorhomes.

2011 Berkshire 390bh
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Rexhall had financial troubles, like most other RV manufacturers, during the recession. They scaled back to factory sales only to stay alive. They are good motorhomes and very innovative. They pioneered the first full-wall slide. They also have very livable floor plans. Many models have the TV at a very viewable angle in a cabinet behind the co-pilots seat, just inside and to the right of the entry door.

Would not hesitate to buy one if I were in the market.

Happy Trails!

desobelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
We have an 04 Rexhall and we were just in Lancaster CA at the Rexhall factory. As previously stated, Rexhall currently sells "direct" from their factory and does not have or support a Dealer network. They primarily custom build on their current 37-40ft. formats and you can pretty much specify anything to you want from gas to diesel to chassis manufacturer, to cabinet finishes, etc. You can visit their website for a general overview of floorplans & pictures.
Jack & Maggie
04-Rexhall Roseair (37)
Cummins ISC / Spartan
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
I'll add that Rexhall also has one of the safest built coaches on the road, steel cage construction all around. I visited them in Landcster, and they had a Roseair in that the owners had run off the road in Nex Mexico to avoid a deer. Hit a tree at about 40 MPH. Both driver and passenger were not hurt. They had the rig flat bedded back to Rexhall, and I was told that when Rexhall added power to the rig, both of the large slides still extended. Many coaches would be bundled up in smaller hunks if they had hit a tree.

When we look to downsize in the future, we will look to see what Rexhall has.

Also, the ISC/Spartan combo (think they had Mountain Master's chassis), are a good combo.

Best of luck on your search,
Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
We have a 2002 Vision 26 we are very happy with. It's a solid, well built coach. The original owners took good care of the coach, and I think we'll get many more years of use out of it.

Mrs. M
Just the two of us, and Falkor, the 2015 Ford 350 Dually, pulling a 2016 39R12 Vengeance Touring Edition Toy Hauler, with a Can-Am Spyder RT
Mrs.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #6
Rexhall Owners Group

I am sitting in a 2003 Rexhall Rexair 35 ft. V-10 gasser right now. I spend 2 to 3 months living in it in Florida each winter, and last year drove it cross country and back. The comfortable living arrangement with the TV in a console in the LR is what attracted us, and the solid engineered frame sold us.
Bobb.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
We have a 2001 Aerbus and like every thing about it. Well built , great guys at the factory to deal with.
2008 Tiffin Phaeton
360 Cummins
D M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #8
Rexhall Owners Group
We have a 1997 Rexhall Rolls Air RA3400, 8.3 Cummins and 6 speed Allison. It is our first Moho and we like it very much. I'm sure there are many good motorhomes and Rexhall falls into that category.
1997 Rexhall RA3400, 8.3 Cummins
Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
Thanks all for you input. We might try to get out to California next spring and maybe check out the factory if we haven't pulled the trigger on another unit by then. I'm still leaning toward the Entegra, but if we decide to not go to a tag axle rig then the Rexhall would be in the running. I'd be curious about anyone who may have a new model as to the reliability and service from the factory or from any dealers.

2011 Berkshire 390bh
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote