Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Rexhall as first coach--a bad decision?

First let me say that this forum has provided my wife and I so many answers to the many questions we as first timers need addressed. Thanks.

Past posts on the topic of the Rexhall brand are a mixed bag, as is the feedback I have gotten from other motorhome owners and salesman. It perhaps is not up to the Tiffin or Newmar reputation, but does it have a decent reputation? My wife loves the 37 ft Rose Air floorplan...she likes "different". I, on the other hand, want to make an investment that is sound for at least for the next few years. We will only be occasional RVers (not fulltime) and are looking at a 2003 with 40K miles and a very attractive price

Would it be best to keep looking?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, and we look forward to future involvement in this forum as motorhome owners.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My 2001 Rexall 40' DP was a wise choice. It is on a Spartan chassis, which a lot of people view as the best.
And there are no other flooplans as unique as that of a Rexhall. I think they are sound. On the other hand, maybe the cabinetry, drawers, etc could be taken up a notch as in other higher money brands.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure that others with direct experience with Rexhalls will have advice for you. When we were shopping for our first coach a few years ago we were really attracted to Rexhalls because of their floorplans so I guess we have tastes similar to your wife's.

I'm also guessing that more than one person will point out that you used the words motorhome and investment in the same sentence. That doesn't happen often.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:04 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post

I'm also guessing that more than one person will point out that you used the words motorhome and investment in the same sentence. That doesn't happen often.

Rick
Newbie error and wishful thinking
Old 12-02-2010, 09:44 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
colo.kids, you are right, there hasn't been an RV bought that is a "Good Investment".

The best suggestion I have is to keep the DW happy and select a floorplan that will meet your needs and provide a pleasant atmosphere for your adventurers.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:09 PM   #6

Per chance does the Rose Air have the floor plan with an L-shaped couch and the eye-level TV above an electric fireplace located behind the passenger seat?

Just curious

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
We owned a 98 Rexhall Aerbus and were very happy with the quality of it. However; in 2004 when we were ready to replace it we found that the fit and finish seemed to have take a real hit. We really wanted another Rexhall and were very disappointed with where they had gone.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #8

Rexhall is fine. They have had a tough time in the last few years and have survived. They are certainly good enough that if it has the floorplan you like and it drives good for you it sounds like a good purchase.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:32 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVJ58 View Post
Per chance does the Rose Air have the floor plan with an L-shaped couch and the eye-level TV above an electric fireplace located behind the passenger seat?

Just curious
It is indeed that floorplan.

Sort of unrelated I see they call it a wide-body motorhome. Does that mean it is realitivly short and fat rather than tall and skinny? Kidding aside I think the ceiling height is like 77 inches and I wonder if that is going to feel too low.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo.kids View Post
It is indeed that floorplan.

Sort of unrelated I see they call it a wide-body motorhome. Does that mean it is realitivly short and fat rather than tall and skinny? Kidding aside I think the ceiling height is like 77 inches and I wonder if that is going to feel too low.
I was just curious about the floor plan as it's the same as our 2000 Residency which I think the Mfgr copied the floor plan from Rexhall. We think it's a great floor plan and very convenient. The only difference I believe is the living room slide out on the Rexhall is deeper than ours.

Ceiling height in ours is 78.5 which is fine for us as I'm only 5'9" however it might feel a bit snug for a 6' or taller person.

Most Rexhall owners I've met during our travels are very pleased with their coaches and they appear to be of a quality construction.

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVJ58 View Post
I was just curious about the floor plan as it's the same as our 2000 Residency which I think the Mfgr copied the floor plan from Rexhall. We think it's a great floor plan and very convenient. The only difference I believe is the living room slide out on the Rexhall is deeper than ours.

Ceiling height in ours is 78.5 which is fine for us as I'm only 5'9" however it might feel a bit snug for a 6' or taller person.

Most Rexhall owners I've met during our travels are very pleased with their coaches and they appear to be of a quality construction.
Thanks for all the feedback. It is reassuring to say the least. Obviously we have similar tastes and I am glad to hear the floorplan works well. Again thanks.